Age Old Towbar wiring question

psymon25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 DCI 06 plate
Hi All

I can see this has been asked a lot so please be patient :) as i see from replies info has been pm'd or emailed.

I am asking if anyone can send me fitting instructions or any information on how to wire a 12N & 12S socket to a 2006 w203 C220 estate.

I have a towbar from towsure and the basic electrics kit with a 7 pin bypass relay.

hopefully this is not too much of a painful task as i dont want to mess anything up :)

Many thanks in advance

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i believe you need a dedicated wiring loom for the car to avoid problems with the bulb failure warning system on the car.

officially all cars registered after 1998 (if my memory is correct) have to have at least one form of warning in the car that indicator bulbs at least have failed on the trailer/caravan, whether its a visual or an audible warning

OP
P

psymon25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 DCI 06 plate
i believe you need a dedicated wiring loom for the car to avoid problems with the bulb failure warning system on the car.

officially all cars registered after 1998 (if my memory is correct) have to have at least one form of warning in the car that indicator bulbs at least have failed on the trailer/caravan, whether its a visual or an audible warning

Understood i do have an audible warning it's built into the relay so I can here indicators.

Not 100% if there is a way to wire into the rear luggage compartment fuse box as I really don't have the funds for a dedicated kit

Cheers

Spannaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kia Sedona 08
having been down this route, i can only advise you to purchase a dedicated harness. I tried the cheaper route, and it does not pay. You'll end up either damaging something or having to pay someone to fit it correctly.
You can not with these system prob the wires or anything like that. Yes the dedicated kit is not cheap, but it DOES work, and can be fitted yourself. It is very simple plug and play. The 12s kit is very straight forward if you have a smart relay. If not then again, you'd need to pay a sparky to fit it to make sure nothing gets damaged.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can send you the MB wiring info,,, but its all with MB wiring parts

OP
P

psymon25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 DCI 06 plate
I can send you the MB wiring info,,, but its all with MB wiring parts

hi malcom

i think that would be useful going forward if you can pm me the docs that would be great

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I need an Email address please, you can pop it up here and edit it out again shortly

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK and 2 papers sent, you can edit out your address :D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom