Air Con

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
The air con on the wifes Mini had ceased to blow cold, it is 5 years since i fitted a new condenser and had it re gased, so thought it would just be low on gas.
Took it to the guy that does our air con, and he reported it had a decent amount of gas in it, it should work. He hooked up his scanner and it showed no faults, so bless him he looked further.
He found that the wiring loom that goes to compressor had dropped down, and one of the wires had been rubbed through by the pulley, which blew the fuse. He repaired the loom, hooked it back up out the way, replaced the fuse, re gassed and all good.

So its not always a re gas needed !

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Thanks
He is doing the Mercedes Tomorrow, hope it does not need work as well !

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
well, its charged and working, but has lost gas over a year or so.
He suspects a slight leak, but it is so small the machine will not pick it up, he filled with nitrogen and it held pressure for 20 mins. Looks like a yearly recharge only way forward.
But hey, it works again.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Do you leave it on all the time?

To be honest I don't like leaving mine on as I don't like the idea of leaving the evaporator etc wet as I often don't use the car for a couple of weeks at a time, but it is reckoned that seals etc dry out and will leak slightly if the a/c isn't left on.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Do you leave it on all the time?

To be honest I don't like leaving mine on as I don't like the idea of leaving the evaporator etc wet as I often don't use the car for a couple of weeks at a time, but it is reckoned that seals etc dry out and will leak slightly if the a/c isn't left on.
They can dry out and leak if it’s not used. I never turn mine off

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
No, its always on, due to a small issue with the flaps, i leave the fan on 1/2 a setting all the time, and even when i turn car off, it stays at that. this way all the flaps work all the time. If i turn heating off, when i come to start car again, the windscreen flap does not open, have to shut off, count to ten, turn on ignition until its done all its checks, then start it and screen flap works again. been like this for last year or so. Had them reset on STAR, lasted a week.

Top Bottom