Airmatic visit workshop,

colechelle

Resigned
Reaction score
This will be a up and common fault seen by all R, ML, CLS,Gl and E class models!

Driving along and the first thing thing you will notice is airmatic, visit workshop on the dash, no panic, i run my work R,class (fully loaded with tools etc) for another 2 days,

Right what happens is the valve block stars to leak and and then the compressor is asked to work for a lot longer than built for, or the other reason is the relay sticks and burns the pump out, for what ever reason you need to change pump, relay and valve body.

jack up o,s, (n,s on E & CLS) remove front undertray, there you will find pump, undo the 3 10mm nuts holding the pump up up, watch for the springs and washers as you lower the pump, one main plug for the live and earth and one other plug for the relief valve, one 10 mm nut which is the supply line to the valve body, that removes the pump, valve body is just behind the pump, 7 airlines but all colour coded, so you have no excuse to refit them wrong, relay is now modified, on the R and ML it is the third one in from the wing in the front fuse box(green in colour) rear of the front SAM on E & CLS,

Refit in oppersite, MB state you need to teach the pump in, nonsense! you dont, it will store a fault but wont be currant so all warnings signs will be out!

any probs on doing this please feel free to pm me

Cole

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If you wish to discuss this thread pls post replies here

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom