ferrarilover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 CLK230K Cabriolet
Hi all,

Aside from being ruinously expensive, virtually totally unnecessary and probably costing more than the car is worth, what are people's thoughts on retrofitting Airscarf (other semi-sexual neck warmers, sadly, are not available at all good bookstores) to a W208 CLK Cabrio?

With my limited mechanical knowledge (I still toot my horn upon entering the refined hydrocarbon dispensary), I can see no genuinely good reason why this is not reasonably possible. Obviously, the seats in the SLK are a different shape and size etc, but the general idea of fitting a glorified heater to the headrests surely is not beyond the wit of man?

Matt.

WDB124066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet X 2
I just use a scarf and a zip up collar, works very well.

Retro fitting would be possible at a price, the price being a lot I'd imagine......

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just think of all of that heat from the exhaust being wasted.

If only one could wrap a large flexible heat proof duct or tube around it with an air scoop in the bottom and the other end going up the rear of the seats.

The seats in the 230 use electric fan heaters in the head rest and if anything this should not be too hard to do something using a pair of headrest from a breaker

OP
F

ferrarilover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 CLK230K Cabriolet
Sorry Malc, I'm not quite up with the lingo. Is that my CLK230 (with a feature I haven't got) or a chassis code 230 (like mine is a 208)?

Matt.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry Malc, I'm not quite up with the lingo. Is that my CLK230 (with a feature I haven't got) or a chassis code 230 (like mine is a 208)?

Matt.

Sorry , yes the 230 is the SL from 2006 onwards and the 171 has them as extra's in the form of a trunk on and up the rear of the seat

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom