Alarm

Sameer108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180 kompressor 2006
Hi guys I am Sameer, nice to know I can maybe get some help here.

Could some1 pls assist, I have a Mercedes W203 2006 kompressor classic, so my batt had died as the vehicle was parked, I had the battery charged n the vehicle started. I noticed my I could not lock da car wit remote thus I bawt new batteries. But to no avail it did not work, I also noticed my radio stations wer not clear, so I researched online n it stated check fuse which I did n noticed its blown. I changed da fuse n Dat also blew, so some1 said cud be moisture. I parked da vehicle in da sun n den decided to put a new fuse n yes it worked but I cud hear a clicking sound coming from within the fuse box. I also noticed da remote was locking n unlocking the car. Now the alarm siren does not work only hazards flash. The question is what could be the prob, is it small n can I do something to get it rite?

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Hi,

The alarm has its own batteries. These could just be low and need charging as you drive or could have become too low to recharge. They can be replaced, are usually in the wheel arch behind the liner.

Is the rest of your car now working ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sameer108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi,

The alarm has its own batteries. These could just be low and need charging as you drive or could have become too low to recharge. They can be replaced, are usually in the wheel arch behind the liner.

Is the rest of your car now working ??

Thank you. I have driven the car almost 100 kms is Dat not enough 2 charge da alarm battery?.
I am still afraid Dat da fuse mite not blow n cause other probz

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Maybe the alarm module is broken. About £90 from MB.
Easy to change.

If the fuse is okay after 100k then think that it will be okay now.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I think its possible the internal batteries in your W203 are leaking and won't recharge.

Have a read of this thread.
https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/w203-coupe-alarm-beeping-on-setting-issue.197941/

I suspect you need a new alarm unit.
Cheapest one I can see is a used on from ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...024048?hash=item28882824b0:g:cVQAAOSwoRtboMU-

Ideally you need to visit a Mercedes independant mechanic and have the car diagnosed first with MB Star equipment.
I'd avoid the main dealer due to the high labour charges.

OP
S

Sameer108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe the alarm module is broken. About £90 from MB.
Easy to change.

If the fuse is okay after 100k then think that it will be okay now.

I meant the car was used 4 100ks n if darvwas enuf to charge da alarm Batts?

OP
S

Sameer108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That should have been enough. I guess that the alarm module is defective.

Thank u so much for ur response I will get the vehicle tested

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom