Alternative Wheels for W211

cheshireE220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI / 2003 / 2.2 turbo diesel
My 2003 Classic W211 has the original wheels which are in need of refurbishment after 18 years and 146k miles. Value-wise it is hardly worth anything. I use it as a daily work-horse and it has always been maintained by the MB main dealer who does a good deal versus an indy to keep my custom.

I find the wheels make the car tatty. A refurb is around £370 -£400 inc vat. I saw aftermarket alloys for a similar price. If I go to replace the factory 7-hole alloys, what size and offset will fit?

The tyres are 205 x 60 x 16" and I had something like this range in mind:

I would not consider used wheels. I know people who have and they were buckled and damaged and false economy to repair and refurb someone else's used wheels.

I intend to use the car rather than trade it in for pittance as the cost of change is too much and then depreciation on top.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Vito wheels will go on.
Over the years I have been ok with pre loved, and hope I don't sat that too soon.

City Powder Coat can do a good job for £25 a wheel. They charge extra for tyres on / off. It's the drive to Brumminham that is the chore, and the clean air charge.

I have some 16" Vito alloys I'll be selling soon(ish),
and if I replace the 17" wheels on the viano, those too.

OP
C

cheshireE220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI / 2003 / 2.2 turbo diesel
That option is worth thinking about on a car with little residual value after 18 years of ownership from new.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom