Alternator issue??

StuggyZX10

Reaction score
W211 Alternator issue??

Good evening in need of some advice/information
I am having some issues with my 2003 W211 E320 Diesel Avantagarde saloon.....i thought i had a duff rear battery as i was getting the conveniance functions disabled warning and also the Red Battery/Workshop warning sign showing. I renewed the rear battery and checked the front battery and as this was over 5yrs old i replaced this as well. All was well for a couple of days then the warning's returned...i dont know why i did not check the voltage output across the terminals of the rear battery at the start...but i have now checked this and its reading 11.5 way low and even with engine running no change so i guess its the alternator/regulator thats went...i will change this myself as i have access to a ramp/tools etc but would anybody know before i order a replacement alternator which one is fitted to my car/standard or water cooled from the car's VIN number and can the regulator be changed itself as this would save a few ££.........my car was registered in july 2003 and the VIN is WDB2110262A348224
I will be calling my local merc dealer as i believe there was some electrical recalls issues with alternators and auxillary regulator's on these model's so hopefully they can check on the VMI if these have been done....

sorry for the long winded query but any info would be appreciated ..thanks

Last edited:
OP
S

StuggyZX10

Reaction score
Sorted thanks for the help............:rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is hard sometimes, I have been off air due to computer problems

OP
S

StuggyZX10

Reaction score
To be honest, sounded like you knew what you were doing, and were taking all the right steps. Glad you got it sorted.

The wife doesn't seem to think so half the time lol...but yep it was the alternator and was bosch one..so all happy with no warning's showing :)

Last edited:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom