always on stereo unit

tismehi

Reaction score
I have a '99 e300d and I have just fitted a new jvc stereo unit with bluetooth, front usb and aux in.
I would like for it to be able to be powered on at all times - ie, without the key.

is it a matter of joining the permanement live wire to the one which powers up when I turn the key?

or is there another way to do it? maybe through the fusebox?

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Yes that would work. But you risk draining your battery.
Make sure you have a fused supply.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As cleverdicky with inline fuse so just join both 12v plus together

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
In your case I would consider linking the 2 feeds by an override switch. Off- normal, on- unit on while ignition off.
A bit of clever wiring through a relay could drop the relay and link whenever the ignition switch is turned preventing a flat battery you forgot.

OP
T

tismehi

Reaction score
thanks guys,

your advice was a help.

i connected the unit by cutting the yellow ign feed yellow wire and joined it to the permanent live red wire.

i fitted an inline fuse at this point and it works exactly as i wanted it to.

cheers again.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom