And so it begins

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Just seen two cyclists occupying a full carriageway on a 50mph road with cars backed up behind, in fact the cyclist was so far over to me I was concerned about hitting him coming from the opposite direction - seems the new directives don’t account for lack of common sense this is ridiculous…

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
  • Rule 66 used to read
    • never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bend
It now reads
  • Rule 66: Be considerate of the needs of other road users when riding in groups. You can ride two abreast and it can be safer to do so, particularly in larger groups or when accompanying children or less experienced riders. Be aware of drivers behind you, and allow them to overtake (e.g. by moving into single file or stopping) when you feel it is safe to let them do so.
Nothing has changed, I blame the media who have been, as usual, provocative in their selective reporting of the rule changes. And it's unfortunately going to take a lot more arguments, accidents and potential fatalities before a real solution is found.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Just seen two cyclists occupying a full carriageway on a 50mph road with cars backed up behind, in fact the cyclist was so far over to me I was concerned about hitting him coming from the opposite direction - seems the new directives don’t account for lack of common sense this is ridiculous…
And cyclists wonder why a lot of drivers dont like them...
Sounds like these 2 were deliberately taking the ****. :mad:

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
Wonder just how representative the think tank for this change was...?

1643980578499.jpeg

flying haggis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 plate CLS shooting brake,2.2D SWMBO has 14 plate B class diesel
so the cyclist should be done just as a car driver would be if they used their phone. that is why ALL cyclists should have to wear a hi viz jacket with a registration number on. no jacket fined just as a car with no plates would be.

Top Bottom