android upgrade w203 c220 cdi a coupe 2003

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
That depends on what you have already?

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SE / Coupe / 2003 / C 220/CDI/A
What type of unit do you currently have fitted? ;)
Nothing!The last owner removed his upgrade,(was pioneer I think with sat nav) all that remains now is the empty space where the origional mercedes radio was and the wiring clusters with one extra live feed wire coming from the fuse box,(he said it was for a live pulse for his DOUBLE DIN SYSTEM. Thanks

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nothing!The last owner removed his upgrade,(was pioneer I think with sat nav) all that remains now is the empty space where the origional mercedes radio was and the wiring clusters with one extra live feed wire coming from the fuse box,(he said it was for a live pulse for his DOUBLE DIN SYSTEM. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0148.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 15

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
There are some on Amazon but do your research if you want to avoid disappointment.

This would be the minimum spec. I would want to use. I can’t vouch for this brand though.

hizpo Android 9.0 Car Stereo DVD Player 7 Inch Car Radio RAM 4G ROM 64G GPS Navigation for Mercedes-Benz C-W209 / C-W203 / Viano/Vito/Vaneo/A-W168 / G-W463 / CLK-C209 / W209 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X4Z6P98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fD-tFbFNXQET1

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There are some on Amazon but do your research if you want to avoid disappointment.

This would be the minimum spec. I would want to use. I can’t vouch for this brand though.

hizpo Android 9.0 Car Stereo DVD Player 7 Inch Car Radio RAM 4G ROM 64G GPS Navigation for Mercedes-Benz C-W209 / C-W203 / Viano/Vito/Vaneo/A-W168 / G-W463 / CLK-C209 / W209 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X4Z6P98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fD-tFbFNXQET1

Ok!Thank you for the advice ,there are so many listed,it can be a bit confusing to say the least.The one you posted has Mercedes-Benz CW203 listed.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
what an amazing price that unit is.

If it fits or not you should contact seller for dimensions and check your dimensions too. You may need a surround to finish it off. Not sure where you would get a surround that matches your car and the unit.

anyway, IMO at that price I would give it a miss (questionable quality for me) or buy 3 - to have some spare.

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
what an amazing price that unit is.

If it fits or not you should contact seller for dimensions and check your dimensions too. You may need a surround to finish it off. Not sure where you would get a surround that matches your car and the unit.

anyway, IMO at that price I would give it a miss (questionable quality for me) or buy 3 - to have some spare.
Thank you for the advice,think Halford's supply finishing surrounds perhaps....

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Thank you for the advice,think Halford's supply finishing surrounds perhaps....

You would also need a wiring adapter with the unit you mentioned.
The really cheap one you linked to is underpowered and would need adapters to fit whereas the one I showed is 3x the price but has a decent spec so will at least be useable, fit without a bezel and come supplied with all the cables to be plug and play.
These units need 4gb ram 32gb storage and an 8 core cpu ideally.

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The really cheap one you linked to is underpowered and would need adapters to fit whereas the one I showed is 3x the price but has a decent spec so will at least be useable, fit without a bezel and come supplied with all the cables to be plug and play.
I will have a long look at the info you sent asap,much appreciated and saved. ......

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

View larger
I will have a long look at the info you sent asap,much appreciated and saved. ......
Check out the specs on this.

XBS 8900G Car GPS DVD Player

https://www.electrodirect.ie/double...yer-62inch-touch-screen-bluetooth-usb-sd.html

6.95inch
TFT LCD monitor(RGB solution)
Touch screen with Graphical User Interface.
DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MPEG4/DIVX/CD-R/WMA/JPEG
Built in TV tuner, PAL/NTSC or SECAM compatible
Built in FM/AM tuner
Built in bluetooth function
Built in4X50W amplifier
All touch screen
1 A/V input(1 video, 2 audio), 1 A/V output(1 video, 4 audio).
Auto rear viewing function
Mute at telephone calling
Picture adjustment (brightness, contrast, color, settings)
Full-function OSD Card Size

Last edited:

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
View larger
Check out the specs on this.

XBS 8900G Car GPS DVD Player

https://www.electrodirect.ie/double...yer-62inch-touch-screen-bluetooth-usb-sd.html

6.95inch
TFT LCD monitor(RGB solution)
Touch screen with Graphical User Interface.
DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MPEG4/DIVX/CD-R/WMA/JPEG
Built in TV tuner, PAL/NTSC or SECAM compatible
Built in FM/AM tuner
Built in bluetooth function
Built in4X50W amplifier
All touch screen
1 A/V input(1 video, 2 audio), 1 A/V output(1 video, 4 audio).
Auto rear viewing function
Mute at telephone calling
Picture adjustment (brightness, contrast, color, settings)
Full-function OSD Card Size

I can't see any technical specs. and is it running Android?
The rest are pretty standard across all these Android units tbh.
I think you can get better for the price IMO.

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can't see any technical specs. and is it running Android?
The rest are pretty standard across all these Android units tbh.
I think you can get better for the price IMO.
Thanks!I will check if it is running Android,just in case.Appreciated,

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks!I will check if it is running Android,just in case.Appreciated,
Should android d/d radio unit running on android be wired to turn on at acc? or at ignition position only?

Last edited:
OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dash cam! causing resistence,static noise to some radio stations.is there a solution to fix this ?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Dash cam! causing resistence,static noise to some radio stations.is there a solution to fix this ?
Yes, better power supply lead for the dash cam, ferrite beads added to the power leads and separation between the power leads for the dash cam and RF leads from the DAB

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom