Another dpf problem

c220owner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Elegance on 54 plate
The EMS light came on about 3 weeks ago and a Merc dealer diagnostic showed "Common Rail Diesel Injection 3 - Check values of components B19/7 (Upstream TWC/KAT temp sensor)and B19/9 (Temp sensor upstream of dpf) for plausibility. Plausibility WITH temperature sensors" (also a similar one ending "plausibility / Calculated temperature at TWC"). They reset the diagnostics OK (even though showing as Current and Stored) and it went away until a couple of days ago. I've run it for 200 miles since and there is no apparent loss of power or performance, I rang the Merc dealer and they said it may disappear again but shouldn't be a problem if I can put up with the light being on until the next service. I'm seeking a bit of reassurance that if I ignore the EMS light as suggested it'll not cause any longterm damage to the engine or CAT. Thanks

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212
I had a similar problem having added a fuel additive the EMS light came on. The code also pointed to the DPF. This was cleared and no further issues arose. I cannot see any possible damage unless the DPF is blocked as its purpose is to reduce soot and emissions.

Online parts website for Mercedes:www.partsformercedes-benz.com
Parts for Mercedes-Benz provides a wide choice of OEM (Original Mercedes), quality aftermarket and performance mercedes parts at competitive prices. Our clear, easy to use online store takes the headache out of having to search for that part or accessory you need, with a service that is second to none.
Top Bottom