Any advice appreciated

Mrtaximan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e270 cdi avantgarde
Whilst at work last night the Service brake light came on dashboard, After an hour or so the car started to judder on tickover and really bad when turning ignition off.
There is no excessive smoke from exhaust while driving or hissing which rules out turbo or intercooler and engine performance is fine along with fuel consumption.

Any advice please?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum,, wait till the techies come on later in the day,,I cannot think what this could be

OP
M

Mrtaximan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e270 cdi avantgarde
Hello television and thank you. I went to an independant garage yesterday and was informed its the SBC Pump which apparantly is covered up to 5 yrs by Mercedes although its up to there discression that they do it for free. Also the juddering is caused by an engine mount. Fingers crossed Merc will fix it for me.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Hello television and thank you. I went to an independant garage yesterday and was informed its the SBC Pump which apparantly is covered up to 5 yrs by Mercedes although its up to there discression that they do it for free. Also the juddering is caused by an engine mount. Fingers crossed Merc will fix it for me.

I spoke to the dealer about SBC replacement last week.
SBC has a stated service life after which it flags up an alert. On a dealer service, they interrogate the pump and if its close to or exceeded its service life (number of activations) they automatically raise a claim. The guy said he's not had a claim refused.
So, I suspect MB will be fine about it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am just waiting for mine to come on :(

OP
M

Mrtaximan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e270 cdi avantgarde
Thanks for that jberks. The independant garage I went to see is an ex merc engineer and he said the same although if they do refuse its a nice £1000 for the part.
Yeah its not a nice sight when the light does come on. My only saving grace is the red "reduced braking light" didnt appear.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many SBC pumps get changed without the owners knowing of this when the car is in for service

OP
M

Mrtaximan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e270 cdi avantgarde
Well I can say im a happy man after phone call from Mercedes. The Sbc pump does not need replacing just a software update. Although they have flagged up a few probs which are a lot less expensive. :D:D:D:D

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Glad you got it sorted. I have had lots of sbc pumps changed under warranty and have never had one refused to be paid for.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
there was a case a couple of months back where a mamber had an awful job done of the pump change, to the point where it had to be changed again due to leaking, cross threaded pipe unions, and the stealers expected the owner to pay!

OP
M

Mrtaximan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e270 cdi avantgarde
P.s I got the software update F.O.C but was expection to pay 100 quid for the pleasure. My cars back on the road and I am a very happy taximan indeed

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
P.s I got the software update F.O.C but was expection to pay 100 quid for the pleasure. My cars back on the road and I am a very happy taximan indeed

All they have done is to make the pump run longer when charging the system up,it takes about 5 mins to do

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom