any advice

carloss

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
jaguar xk
Im in the throws of giving my car a good clean and would appreciate any advice on how to remove old polish that has found its way onto the door handles etc.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not very easy on plastic handles, some of the back to black products will work

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
It is always advisable to mask/tape off black grained handles and mouldings when polishing paintwork.. Two things that work...sugar soap, for cleaning paintwork before repainting, careful as it will also lift the polish on the paintwork ..use a tooth brush, and wipe off.. or neat washing up liquid, again using a tooth brush, then use the trim cleaners

Lisa Jayne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 SLK 230K & 2003 ML270 CDI Inspiration
I used Autoglym bumper gel on mine, got rid of all polish marks and brings them up lovely and black again without dying your hands! :roll:

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
For those nooks and crannies ........... after I have polished my car ....... I use a brand new, never used, never wetted, car wash brush, to get to the places other beers cant reach ......... sorry I mean that a cloth cant reach ...... lol

Easy peasy !

C

creepy coupe

I stopped using polish years ago, especially one's like Autoglym because they contain fillers, which leave white power in the creases, I now use 100% carnauba wax, which doesn't dry white

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom