Any bikers on here???

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
I had an old dog of an XJ600 for five years and I covered a miseralble 1800 miles. The Petrol used to find its way into the Sump whenvever it was left more than three days without use. Had that bank of Carbs off at least five times and what B***ers they are to get off with one hand in the Air fliter box. In the end solved the problem putting an inline tap on the bike - No coming to think of it - solved the problem by selling the damn thing.

So, bought a VFR750 "f" reg post head problem before Xmas on Ebay. Did 14 miles on it taking it to and fro the MOT test centre - put on new front wavy's, back wheel off waiting in the Garage for new chain and sprockets and rear disc to be put on, since May. Thats it folks 14 miles of pure joy at what was the insurance premium!

Perhaps next year I may get some fun out of it !!

Oh! and got one of the first Jap invasion bikes a Yamaha YCS3e 200 Twin, two Stroke. Been off the road for seven years. Because I neglected to drain fuel only now firing on one cylinder. stripped carbs but yet to solve problem (not high up on my list of to be done things!) A sorry tale but it was fun for first year of regular use - lightning acceleration but don't expect beyond 60mph.

Bikes are to me almost as rubbish as BOATS, and had a few of those. Best days- day you buy it - second best day - day you sell it!

Last edited:

blassberg

Reaction score
clive williams said:
would MB build bkes like B*W? What would they be like? My guess would be that they would be big, comfortable and diesel powered.
Clive - you must have known?

I'll take a "MGP100CDI Ilmor"

http://www.itv-f1.com/Controller.aspx?PO_ID=34583

Ilmor Engineering, which has designed and built McLaren’s Mercedes-badged Formula 1 engines for many years, will branch out into world motorcycle racing in 2007.
The company will time its entry into the top-level MotoGP category to coincide with the introduction of a new 800cc engine formula and will compete with the likes of Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Ducati.
The project is the brainchild of Ilmor boss Mario Illien, who is believed to be financing it and will have invested an estimated £5 million by the time the engine is track-tested next spring.
Ilmor plans to design and build the engines and then lease them to customer teams.
Rival engine builder Cosworth made an unsuccessful foray into MotoGP when it supplied Aprilia in 2002-04 – but Illien is confident Ilmor will not repeat those mistakes.
“We know what it takes to build a motorcycle engine and it is all about power delivery and bottom-end power,” he told Motorcycle News.

Lacy

Reaction score
I have a Buell S2 1996. Quite a rare bike here in the UK as there was only around 1000 built and never officially imported to the UK.

1200cc of V twin grunt........I love it!.....(Tucked away for the winter now though.)

Mounis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI W211 Avant
The Green Machine...

I have a Kawasaki ZX636R Ninja - 2003 model.... I love her. She is beautiful. I feel bad that she's cold in an unheated garage for the winter... :sad: Uncovered, stroked and started her for a while over the weekend... Miss my lil baby... gonna cry.... sob...

Attachments

• Ninja 2.JPG
    Ninja 2.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 8
OP
M

maddog

Reaction score
Mounis said:
I have a Kawasaki ZX636R Ninja - 2003 model.... I love her. She is beautiful. I feel bad that she's cold in an unheated garage for the winter... :sad: Uncovered, stroked and started her for a while over the weekend... Miss my lil baby... gonna cry.... sob...

nice colour;)

davess

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 2004 SLK350
Have a GSX 1400k2, comfort & it's there when I need it, sitting up on stands in me garage... far too cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrr (would post piccy but ain't got a scooby how 2 do it!)
;)

davess

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 2004 SLK350
-doo - clue. Glasgow rhyming slang?

Yep spot on although a bit further North & on other side of country...

;)

Attachments

• Bike @ Mar Lodge (Small).jpg
    Bike @ Mar Lodge (Small).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 18

christwothree

Reaction score
i got a cbr600, the last of the carb models which is my fave. had a cbr400 until recent but my dad bought it as a joke bike! used the 600 everyday until i went self employed 3 months ago, since then its only been finchingfield and back once.
cbr600-2.jpg.JPG

Biffo

Reaction score
Hi there
Yes I have had my Kawasaki 1100 Zephyr now for the last 7 years. We have been touring to France on it 2 years ago, what a laugh that was ! Unfortunately this year it has been neglected in favour of my new toy the SL , and we got knocked off it 18 months ago by a mad car driver, luckily we were not too badly hurt only broken ribs, but it has put the wife off riding.I only managed to take it out 3 or 4 times and only then by myself, perhaps when the novelty of the car has worn off we might get out on it more often next year!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom