Any F1 fans

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
They did check Verstappen’s car. ;):)
The winning car is always checked.
I dont know what the precise criteria is but it has been widely reported that only 4 cars were scrutinised - Verstappen, Hamilton, Norris and Leclerc.
I doubt any team will make this mistake again, at least not in the near future anyway.

I'm looking forward to another race weekend, then one after that too. :D

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Ferrari disappoint again.

Nice to see Riccardo back & in the points.

Verstappen untouchable - 14 seconds ahead of LH in 2nd.

Soccer “culture" on display with brawling between fans.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That first corner incident was almost a carbon copy of Hamilton at Qatar, but I certainly dont blame Perez for having a go.
Norris the driver of the day by a country mile!
As Brundle said that podium set up is the best of the year. :cool:
Only negative was the fan behaviour as Rory said.
The fight for second is definitely on...and I think they would be equal on points right now (with Hamilton still in third) if it wasnt for the COTA disqualification.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Ferrari disappoint again.

Nice to see Riccardo back & in the points.

Verstappen untouchable - 14 seconds ahead of LH in 2nd.

Soccer “culture" on display with brawling between fans.

Ferrari are brilliant at scuppering their own chances

DR drove brilliantly, wouldn't be suprised if he is in a RB next year

Soccer culture has spread everywhere in F1, the amount of Yobs at Silverstone this year was staggering

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Ferrari are brilliant at scuppering their own chances

DR drove brilliantly, wouldn't be suprised if he is in a RB next year

Soccer culture has spread everywhere in F1, the amount of Yobs at Silverstone this year was staggering
I have not watched many races but have read about the soccer culture creeping into F1 - the Dutch are doing their fair share. However, sadly it is working it’s way into cricket and rugby as well.

In rugby it is becoming normal to boo the ref and make a noise during place kicks. When I first started watching rugby you could hear a pin drop during a place kick.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have not watched many races but have read about the soccer culture creeping into F1 - the Dutch are doing their fair share. However, sadly it is working it’s way into cricket and rugby as well.

In rugby it is becoming normal to boo the ref and make a noise during place kicks. When I first started watching rugby you could hear a pin drop during a place kick.

It's not the Dutch, it's the "Netflix Fan", I watched someone dancing on an Ice Cream Van at Silverstone because he thought he was funny, they whole group were s**t faced by 10am and harassing people for drinks all day.

It's the Millennial yobbish mentality thinking whatever they do is acceptable, I saw people fighting over a toilet as there was a Queue and one didn't want to wait.

Certain stadia in Rugger have been like that for years, try kicking a penalty while playing in white in Murrayfield, never going to happen, yet the last time I wear as in Twickers, total silence whichever team kicked.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
It's not the Dutch, it's the "Netflix Fan", I watched someone dancing on an Ice Cream Van at Silverstone because he thought he was funny, they whole group were s**t faced by 10am and harassing people for drinks all day.

It's the Millennial yobbish mentality thinking whatever they do is acceptable, I saw people fighting over a toilet as there was a Queue and one didn't want to wait.

Certain stadia in Rugger have been like that for years, try kicking a penalty while playing in white in Murrayfield, never going to happen, yet the last time I wear as in Twickers, total silence whichever team kicked.

I think are talking about two different things.

I’m not a fan of millenials but, in this instance I don’t think we can heap all the blame them. There is a lot of the “wanting to be a star” going on and we are certainly dealing with, what many perceive to be a very selfish generation but, hooliganism has been rampant in soccer for decades & it seems to be spreading.

During place kicks, Twickenham (and many other grounds) have the messaging up to “respect the kicker” - because whistling and noise is a problem during place kicks there.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think are talking about two different things.

I’m not a fan of millenials but, in this instance I don’t think we can heap all the blame them. There is a lot of the “wanting to be a star” going on and we are certainly dealing with, what many perceive to be a very selfish generation but, hooliganism has been rampant in soccer for decades & it seems to be spreading.

During place kicks, Twickenham (and many other grounds) have the messaging up to “respect the kicker” - because whistling and noise is a problem during place kicks there.

Just speaking from personal experience of Silverstone over the last 2 years and how it has changed and being at different stadia watching games

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Just speaking from personal experience of Silverstone over the last 2 years and how it has changed and being at different stadia watching games
Oh - I decided about 20 years ago that I’d never go to another F1 race. Last one was SPA in the early 2000s, over crowding, bad people, blocked toilets, long lines etc etc & I was there as a business guest in the main grandstand with transport in and out etc. I’d go again but, only as a VIP - chopper in and out etc.

As a youth (late 60s and into 70s) we’d go and camp for the weekend at the side of the Kyalami track, no fights, no BS just people enjoying motor racing.

F1 has become a lot more tribal, as evidenced by the lack of participation on this thread since LH is no longer the top driver, and the behaviour of the current trackside fans.

I expect to see a lot more activity if, at some point, have a Brit winning again.

I remain hopeful that Ferrari will get back to winning ways before I fall off my perch.

Last edited:

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
F1 has become a lot more tribal, as evidenced by the lack of participation on this thread since LH is no longer the top driver, and the behaviour of the current trackside fans.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Personally I think that there was a lot more Verstappen hate due to his tendency to pass by pushing other drivers off the track and for a while Hamilton was on the receiving end of that. Now that he's in such a dominant car, and with certain rule changes put in place specifically to stamp out Verstappen's overtaking behaviour you don't see so many comments.

Tribal culture does appear to be creeping into F1 and that's possibly down to how its portrayed in Drive to Survive. From my experience it's the Orange army that are the worst behaved but I think that's down to block booking of stands. In areas with a wider mix of fans you don't tend to see any trouble. As always alcohol is a great feeder for trouble and some tracks already impose an alcohol ban or restrictions. Personally I like to watch F1 with a beer or two, but I can see a necessity for restricting alcohol it if it reduces bad behaviour.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Personally I think that there was a lot more Verstappen hate due to his tendency to pass by pushing other drivers off the track and for a while Hamilton was on the receiving end of that. Now that he's in such a dominant car, and with certain rule changes put in place specifically to stamp out Verstappen's overtaking behaviour you don't see so many comments.

Tribal culture does appear to be creeping into F1 and that's possibly down to how its portrayed in Drive to Survive. From my experience it's the Orange army that are the worst behaved but I think that's down to block booking of stands. In areas with a wider mix of fans you don't tend to see any trouble. As always alcohol is a great feeder for trouble and some tracks already impose an alcohol ban or restrictions. Personally I like to watch F1 with a beer or two, but I can see a necessity for restricting alcohol it if it reduces bad behaviour.
Yep but the fighting on the weekend had nothing to do with Verstappen, Hamilton or the Dutch.

Not sure that many of the the F1 yobs would have watched Drive to Survive and not sure how it would have influenced the behaviour of any supporters.

Block bookings, I agree = mob behaviour. Same a a big group anywhere.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Here we go again, same old cheating

Verstappen gets it wrong and pushes Ferrari wide at the first bend - team full of cheats decide they'll get away with it (so don't give the place back). With a green track and cold weather it was so slippery Alonso spins off on the same corner and the guy behind takes a second swipe at him (like a baby) just to make sure Alonso's car is damaged.

A few laps in and (for the first time this year) LeClerc remembers why he's there, and in straight fight, on the day has a more competitive car and around lap 20 takes the lead showing the cheat how to drive.

As you try to fall asleep even with many errors - to make it exciting we get the USA fake it safety incidents and thus they keep waking you up - Then (yet again) the cheat takes the wrong line, failing to brake with his deliberate cheat maneuver trying to run Russel wide. Over the whole weekend no fool has been stupid enough to go down the inside on that bend.... and with Russel in front on the straight, in front at turn in, in front at the apex and unaware a cheating fool would try to take him out , they hit....

So of course the cheat gets another 5 second slap on the wrist - as obvious cheating gets punished .... No, don't be silly this is F1 where the cheat must win, except he can't as he's smashed up both his and russel's car quite badly...

so time for a proper sleep and then go back on VT to watch the good bits post race where you can fast forward through any mention or interviews with the cheat and his team of crooks.... but just as your nodding off, it gets interesting as somehow through all the whacky races somehow the cheats team mate is looking racy and is going to win it...

except its F1 and the cheat must win - so magically the faster better driver in the faster ferrari goes backwards, the cheats team mate goes backwards, and a damaged car with the idiot inside (who should get black flagged every race) suddenly ends up at the front just in time to win it.....

It was far better when bent bernie would tell you who he'd paid off to arrange a win (to impress his mates at this weekend's coke party.....) and then the teams all tried their best to trip him up - now its just the max boredom fake it show

even when the championship has been given to the cheats (yet again...) why is it that no one remembers the first rule of motorsport ? - if the cheat is allowed to cut everyone up, and everyone one then leaves him more and more room and accepts the inevitable, there is no point in allowing them to trash our planet, as we don't even have the spectacle of competitive drivers trying !!! If he takes a fake line and cuts you up - ALWAYS TAKE HIM OUT !!! - they soon learn playing dirty has consequences... if you ALWAYS do this at the end of the season he stole from you, and ALWAYS do it at the start of the next one (he's already trying to steal) - you have a chance to WIN !!!

Last edited:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Over a Yr since I watch f1. Think about it if when I hear, read that it's competitive again let's just hav standing qtr for now fastest is winner save loads of aggro.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I think this weekend in Vegas proved some rules must change.
Sainz should not have been penalised for Ferrari having to use parts outside of their allocation to repair his car when it was damaged due to an unsafe track. This late in the season teams will be running low on allocated spares anyway.
I think that the 5 second penalty for drivers pushing another off the track to gain an advantage should be replaced with a 1 place penalty if the position is not given back.
I don't see why Russel was given a penalty for his collision with Verstappen when he was following the racing line and Verstappen would have been totally unsighted due to his approach in a known blind spot on these cars.
Otherwise the race was good, the track proved to have some good overtaking points though out the field.
It was a shame that Verstappen was allowed to revert to some of his old habits to overtake because the road surface was deemed too slippery.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Here we go again, same old cheating

Over a Yr since I watch f1. Think about it if when I hear, read that it's competitive again
Yes, never watched since Hamilton was cheated out of his 8th title and not likely to watch again anytime soon. Most corrupt sport on TV!
v

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Sure seems that way

houseboss2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 09/09 (2010 my M273 Engine) Now completed 40K Palladium/Black
Street circuits with steel fencing and odd camera angles do not make for pleasant viewing.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am going to be the odd one out here and say I thought Vegas was great...it had close racing with plenty of excitement, and was a very impressive visual spectacle.
I believe they have a 10 year contract to race there.
One race to go and Lewis is safe in third place in the drivers standings, which with only Red Bull ahead of him is actually like a win.
Second place in the constructors is far from safe though, with only 4 points separating Mercedes and Ferrari. Again though the team that finishes second can count that as a win. :D

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am going to be the odd one out here and say I thought Vegas was great...it had close racing with plenty of excitement, and was a very impressive visual spectacle.
I believe they have a 10 year contract to race there.
One race to go and Lewis is safe in third place in the drivers standings, which with only Red Bull ahead of him is actually like a win.
Second place in the constructors is far from safe though, with only 4 points separating Mercedes ans Ferrari. Again though the team that finishes second can count that as a win. :D

Couldn't agree more, despite the farce of FP1 and no fans allowed at FP2 as it was too late the race really delivered. Glad Lando is OK, that was a big shunt.

Think it is ridiculous SAI / OCO weren't allowed to replace parts destroyed by a loose drain with no penalty, apparently SAI could see the track through his chassis!!!!!

PER had too much wing on, LEC was over 20kmh faster when he passed him!!!!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom