Anyone know about Minis?

Dichtung

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210/1999/E300tds
My stepdaughter ran a Mini One for years. Loved it.

Then some clown convinced her to trade it in (at the BM dealership) for a MiniCooper Works thingy.

A snarly looking thing with air scoops and the like. It was an absolute disaster. Ran out of oil twice within days of being officially serviced. She was told off for not keeping her eye on the low oil warning light, then they discovered that there wasn`t one. And these were BMW trained and certificated mechanics!

Has a fairly new Smart now. No trouble! :D

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Was driving SWMBO's Mini last night, wet conditions, lots of rain, twisting winding country roads...It was great fun and did everything I asked of it

Biggles299

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 CLS SB, 2008 CLS, 1999 C Class Estate, MINI MOKE
In answer to the thread question...

Only real ones.

Spannaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kia Sedona 08
In answer to the thread question...

Only real ones.

you mean REAL ones like this ???

015-1_zps848a53c5.jpg

008-5_zpsdf858af6.jpg

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
You will be charging down the motorway and the engine will just stop ....and demand something... It will not start for 24 hours then it will restart for no obvious reason... Wait a few months and repeat as nauseum.... As they used to say try Google search for French Military victories and choose 'I feel lucky' instead of the main search....

Sorry too many experiences with French to endorse anything French ..(and I have a number of French friends ) aside from food and wine...

Funny how the two people who point out old wives tales from the 80s/90s about french cars having dodgy electrics/imploding after 6 months both drive R230s...the most unreliable/expensive vehicle to repair made in the last decade, taking top honours in almost every warranty/reliability index!

There's loads of old french stuff around here and lots of it even in England, I'd wager a DS3 won't be any less reliable than any mini/mercedes/whatever brand nowadays...they all have complex unreliable electrics.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Funny how the two people who point out old wives tales from the 80s/90s about french cars having dodgy electrics/imploding after 6 months both drive R230s...the most unreliable/expensive vehicle to repair made in the last decade, taking top honours in almost every warranty/reliability index!
Maybe , but its lovely to drive , especially when the sun is out ... Not sure any French car I ever owned (had a Peugeot 406 SRI and. Renault runaround) were so nice to drive.... And , to be fair , I did say I wouldn't buy Rover either .... Had 5 ..nothing but trouble....

And I just said I wouldn't have a French car ..I didn't go int specifics about electrics or things imploding...

Anyway I read enough on the reliability of the R230 before jumping in ... But being a millionaire it really didnt other me ;)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom