Anyone Play MP3'S

Bossmls

Reaction score
Hi

The vin printout spec on my command cd changer say's MP3 enabled. I have burnt several MP3 tracks onto a cd rom.......but it does not recognise the disc in the changer. It plays ordinary audio disks including home made ones. Should the MP3 files be in a folder? Any advice......or is the unit faulty? Anybody burn and play MP3's?

Thanks

Martyn.:rolleyes:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Not sure how you're doing it, but, all I do is assemble mp3 files into folders (1 per album) and then use the nero to write them to a cd. Popped it into the changer and it plays just fine.
It plays them in alphabetical order (folder then track) and bear in mind that capital letters are different to lower case ones. I pulled up a dos window and did a dir /s to show the order the tracks play in and adjusted the names accordingly.

alec2

Reaction score
Some players are fussy about the computer written discs.

Try burning a different brand

Try burning slowly say 4X

Try a disc of the different type eg - if you tried + or + if you tried -

Alec

Snowdmc

Reaction score
don't use re-writeable discs either, make sure they're CDR's - as u get a better burn quality :eek:)

Timechaser

Reaction score
And make sure the disc is finalised - i.e. the write session is not opened.

Mine plays MP3s out of the box. Funnily - even when I burn an audio CD from my MP3 collection, it very nicely displays the name of the track! That is the first time I have seen any CD player do that - pretty handy and unique :)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom