APRIL MEET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Reaction score
JUST GOT BACK SEEMS TO BE QUICKER ON WAY BACK
JUST 3 HOURS FOR 250 MILES GREAT TO MEET EVERYBODY JUST WISH I HAD A NEWER CAR . BUT HOPEFULLY SOON

Koolvin

Reaction score
Website
www.mbclub.co.uk
wooohooo!!!! was a good day - apologies for holding the southerns by getting lost! not everyone has got SAT-NAV ;)

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
WHAT ' S SAT NAV WE OLDIES (CARS ) JUST GOT ELECTRIC WINDOWS

Shude

Reaction score
Website
www.c230k.co.uk
by some small miracle I managed to drive 540 miles yesterday without getting lost much!  I drove past the Highwayman place about 3 times while getting petrol and bearings, and I came off the M4 at the wrong side of the town where Koolvin lives and had to drive through there with an A-Z on my lap.  Otherwise a successful drive :biggrin:

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
I played it safe, and followed someone who knew where they were going!!!!

Easiest option by far!

Koolvin

Reaction score
Website
www.mbclub.co.uk
Quote: from Matt Crooke on 1:38 pm on April 29, 2002
I played it safe, and followed someone who knew where they were going!!!!

Easiest option by far!

Steve and I were racing on the way back, I stoped when I saw you guys and decided to cruise with you for a while then floored it to 120mph all the way back on steves tailgate :D

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Oh i see, that was you. we didnt get to introduce did we, I recognised you from the meet but wasnt sure your name!!

Dave Elcome, who i was following was up for a race as well, if only we had known!

However i would have come a graceful last of course.

steveperry

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedes-benz.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2010 CLS350CDI Gr.Ed.
Sounds like it was fun on the M4 :) but the cops do patrol regularly the whole stretch (heh seems like more so than usual to me) and there are some ruler markings in the road around junction 6 or so, I'm not sure if there is a permanent camera that goes along with the road markings.

Matt, I'm sure ur 190E could give a few cars a good run for their money, I know my old one used to ;) Urs doesn't have a cat does it?

Shude, I thought you were heading north rather than east?

Good meeting you guys :) everyone infact.

S.

MBenz

Reaction score
Website
members.tripodnet.nl
hehe, I just returned home as well...had some problems on the ferry caused by the rough sea and some ferry related materials sliding against my car...but besides that I had a great weekend.

Next time I hope the UK can arrange some better weather!

greetingz,

Shude

Reaction score
Website
www.c230k.co.uk
Quote: from steveperry on 6:52 pm on April 29, 2002
Shude, I thought you were heading north rather than east?

The M4 bit was referring to my trip to Koolvin's house earlier that day, a lot earlier (7am).

I actually went home on the M5 then M6 North.

The next gtg should definitely be somewhere more northern, like maybe the Lake District or somewhere.  Just an idea but there's some good driving country up there.

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Steve, your right, my 190 is pre cat, and yes, the old girl can lift her skirt occasionly when she wants to.

In comparing the 190 to other 2 litre cars ive had like the Sierra 2.0i DOHC, the 190 revs to the red line far easier and quicker than the rest. for example, accelrating from 70-115 MPH seems easy for the 190, where Henry Fords finest seem to struggle a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom