Are the audio 10 cd players fussy by nature?

rumpelstiltskin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 e320 cdi saloon
I have the audio 10 radio cd player(all in the head unit) which despite all my efforts it will only play one cd lol,i've tried 13 bought,genuine cd's and thats it,it will 'occasionally'play that one and not come up with an error message.
So the question is it it worth buying a good second hand original head unit to keep things standard,is the original cd player really fussy?I know ripped cd-rw,s are a no-no but i want to play more than one cd !;-)
I was going to upgrade the head unit but i just want to know how good or bad original units are when working well?Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The Audio 10 has proved to be a good unit, but like any the laser pick up heads can go down.

I would either clean it manually or try a wet type cleaner through it.

OP
R

rumpelstiltskin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 e320 cdi saloon
Ive already cleaned it with a Maxell brand cd laser cleaner.Strange thing is that the one cd i can get to play goes through the whole album faultlessly,then if i take cd out,put it in again chances are it wont play again?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What does happen sometimes is the 2 disc get pushed in, the will force the turntable down the shaft putting the laser out of reach, maybe the disc that plays sometimes is a few micron thicker. the turntable is only a push fit on the motor drive shaft, this is one possibility, easy to raise the turntable by just prising up a tiny amount.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom