Are W124 Front Shocks "Sided" Left and Right?

Waft

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 E220 Sportline Coupe
Hi!

As per title really.Are the front shocks for a W124 LH and RH units?
I think yes,as this is why they're listed as so,on ECP and GSF etc.
Ah.I have also found a supplier of Sachs for front left + Sportline models,and Rears,incl. Sportline. www.carparts4less.co.uk
I ordered on Saturday night and received Christmas Eve morning.Well impressed.
Also ,on £88 delivered! They don't list the RH front though,nor do ECP or GSF :shock:

Has anyone else had this experience,as I'm doing all four plus springs,and not paying silly Mercedes prices.I've been doing this for too long! :D

Merry Christmas to all fellow Mercedes drivers here too from us.

Steve ;)

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
They are owned by Eurocarparts. Set up I believe primarily for Ebay transactions. Eurocarparts will have the RH front Sachs unit or will be able to source it as will CARPARTS4LESS if you Email them.

Last edited:
OP
Waft

Waft

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Are the RH DEFINATELY different ?? The same part no. is listed for both sides at another place I just called. :confused:

Thanks and Merry Christmas :D

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
Neither front nor rear shocks are handed on 124's (although obviously front and rear are different!)

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
I find aftermarket suppliers are confusing in this way as they tend to list each side seperately, however the MB EPC lists this part No "A124 320 68 30" as compatible to both sides of the car and exactly the same part number is used on both Sportline and standard vehicles.

I tried to paste the EPC drawing into this post as I have done in the past but for some reason it won't let me.

OP
Waft

Waft

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

LOL!

Glad you mentioned that last bit Rob :p

Phew! Many Thanks,all four ordered now.
The fronts were so bad they cracked my delaminating windscreen,what with potholes and the like!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have just double checked an both the same back and front, they can transform the ride, taking the crashing down pot hole holes away, the car steering a better line.

OP
Waft

Waft

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Thanks Malcolm!

Yes,I'm looking forward to this almost-air ride.Mind you I do have Sportline suspension,which interestingly looking at Sachs Part No.s is the same as AMG suspension!
But,on my 95 Audi Coupe 2.6 I re-Sachs'd every corner and sports springs replaced too.It was a different car after just the shocks.Felt like it was 2 yrs old again.

Chuffed to have found the cheap fronts,so it was rude not to buy both rears at £50 each genuine.

:D

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom