ASR cutting out my cruise control

perfectgent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220D CDI
Merc Sprinter 313 (63-plate) loses cruise control after 3-10 (varies) minutes of driving. Warning says ESP then the skiddin car warning light comes on and the cruise cuts out. Dash throws up warnings about cruise, EPS and only when I turn engine off, remove key then back on does it clear the problem. Obviously it cuts out again after a few mins of starting back up.

I recently replaced the leaf springs with more sturdy ones and it happened very soon after that. Linked, perhaps?

Any help appreciated. Sorry for brief description but I presume it’s a well-known thing and doesn’t need a massive description (I say that not having found too much online).

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
BM cars, bikes and Merc all disable cruise when the functionality of ESP is impaired

maybe ABS sensor damaged or displaced during spring change ?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom