ASSYST on Sprinter CDI

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
Hi guys, been looking around at new vans and spotted a lovely 316Cdi (though a fair few miles away from me)

I'm just a little curious about the service intervals. The mileage appears genuine and i've no reason to doubt it at all, it's certainly been looked after but it appears to have a service interval with ASSYST of 40,000 miles. Now my current sprinter i can usually get between 18k and 20k and i do long hauls at moderate speeds.

he one i'm looking at 55plate, done 135k which is average mileage really (maybe below) but has 2500 left on the computer, but was last serviced at 97k. It just seems like a massive service interval, even for a damn good engine.

Any clues?

Rob

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Sounds like one has been missed!!

My old one used to do 20.000 between each service!

OP
C

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
Just as i thought, the seller appears a bit arrogant about it, maybe thats harsh, don't mean to offend anyone. But i've been asked not to reply to his reply when i questioned the service interval. So i haven't. Clearly not the van for me as he pointed out twice. A shame as it was a reasonable price, if it ran ok i'd have taken it even if it had missed a service. A little reluctant now.

Cheers anyway.

Rob

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom