Audio USB question

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY 2018 E 220D saloon
1st thing.......as I`m new to MB is my car known as the W213? I see everyone likes to call their cars after these codes.

My main question though. I took delivery on my new car today and it`s a gem of a car but I prefer my music from a USB drive. A massive problem is I put my music into folders but this car doesn`t seem to recognise folders. My limited experience of the setting still couldn`t find a setting so can I presume this sytem doesn`t display 'folders'.
Be a massive disappointment if that were the case. It`s the basic sound system I believe.

TIA.

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/comandmanual/2018/MY18_E_Class_Sedan_COMAND.pdf

According to page 203 on this manual, if yours is the same, it does mention media search in folders however this may just be for video. Worth a try though?

b23ddf3ec07c4bb952c29102252480d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
i have no trouble on mine. Press Media on the centre console, Swipe to the right on the touchpad and swipe up to "Search". Click on this, and keep swipping down to Folders, Click and then select USB, and you should get a navigable list of folders.

Alternatively, if you press the linguatronic button on the steering wheel, you can use commands like "Find Artist" and "Find Album" to go straight to what you want. Much easier when your driving.

OP
BroadwayBlueshirt
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY 2018 E 220D saloon
Thanks BillyBoy, yer a star.

Although since I`m now in Leeds at work and won`t be home `til Friday to try it out, am sure that`ll work fine.

Cyber jar to you

Top Bottom