autbox woes

hopeful

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk cdi2.7 auto coupe 2005
hi guys, not conversed for a while , been reading though. now in need of some help please

2002 mercedes c220 cdi 5g box car has been stood for a week 'cause of frozen snow in car park . but has been started daily, now it can be moved (thaw) drove up the road wont move out of second (40 mph) revs and power fine, done a key reset on kickdown no joy any help pease .hopeful

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Hmm sounds like is dropped into safe mode.
It may not be a gearbox issue, but did you experience any issues prior to leaving it standing?

Whilst awaiting for someone more knowledgeable to respond I'd ensure that the battery is fully charged as you can get some odd issues due to low battery charge. Try running the engine for a bit and then restart it.

OP
hopeful

hopeful

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
no issues at all serviced and g/box 6 months ago quick and quiet and 54 mpg , i tried to reverse out and had wheel spin a few times ,but shut the spin down right away , i did think rear wheel sensor . would that throw out the auto box no dash lights ,no noise rev range and power seems ok

OP
hopeful

hopeful

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
well all is sorted, although the car had been run for 20 mins a day it was a case of both batteries not holding enough charge to work the ecu . i know that sounds strange ,but it did get to minus 10 or lower at night . tomorrow its down to the garage for a battery condition check, for damage . the guy that came to assist says he has been on the case with 20 plates doing the same . with some battery damage , so if your lose gears in minus temps , dont panic . think

merry Christmas to all
Hopeful

Top Bottom