Wheel

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
oldmusicvideos.blogspot.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
Interesting, and thanks for the reply.

There are some good examples out there for glass mount aerials. It will be interesting to see how it compares.

One further question... Audio 20. I am under the impression that a lot of units don't have the fibre optic connection (the Command website says this). So will the DAB unit be compatible with all Audio 20s or just those with the fibre optic port?

As an aside, the AutoDAB displays multiplex names by paging the display between that and station name. It is a helpful feature when driving in fringe areas where the same service is on overlapping multiplexes. Hopefully you might be able to allow this?

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Interesting, and thanks for the reply.

There are some good examples out there for glass mount aerials. It will be interesting to see how it compares.

One further question... Audio 20. I am under the impression that a lot of units don't have the fibre optic connection (the Command website says this). So will the DAB unit be compatible with all Audio 20s or just those with the fibre optic port?

As an aside, the AutoDAB displays multiplex names by paging the display between that and station name. It is a helpful feature when driving in fringe areas where the same service is on overlapping multiplexes. Hopefully you might be able to allow this?

All audio-20 devices upto the mid 2008 (MY2009) facelift have fibre. It was only the newer NTG 2.5 Audio-20 units that the fibre was ommited from the non 6 disk changer audio-20.

The fibre (MOST) ring will need to be enabled unless there are already other fibre devices present.

OP
Wheel

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
All audio-20 devices upto the mid 2008 (MY2009) facelift have fibre. It was only the newer NTG 2.5 Audio-20 units that the fibre was ommited from the non 6 disk changer audio-20.

The fibre (MOST) ring will need to be enabled unless there are already other fibre devices present.

If I read that right, does that mean I am out of luck for my 2011 Audio 20?

OP
Wheel

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
Just an update... AutoDAB for Mercedes has now been delayed for another two weeks.

Therefore I have decided to cancel the one I had on order and go for a Pure Highway 300Di instead. Getting it fitted on Friday... I'll report back in due course!

OP
Wheel

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
Got a Pure Highway 300Di fitted on Friday and...

it doesn't work properly. Drove away from garage on Friday with it working all fine and dandy. 10 minutes later the unit locks up and crashes. Comes back to life and won't find any stations for the next 30 minutes and then the whole process repeats itself.

Pure have told me that they think the main unit is faulty and to take it to Halfords for a swap, but easier said than done as it will need to be 'uninstalled' and I want them to pay for the work.

OP
Wheel

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
Well, an update from me. Pure have been very apologetic about the whole thing, and escalated my problem quickly from the customer service advisor to a member of management, which is encouraging.

The long and short of it is that they are going to supply a new unit. The new unit will be tested by them before then being fitted to my Merc at my car audio garage (at their expense), and they'll have an engineer oversee the fitment of it in case there are any other problems. Only downside is that it my fitter is going on holiday next week, so I'll have to wait a fortnight for the swap to be done.

At least things are rolling in the right direction though.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
These Hick ups do happen, yes annoying but that is life, as you have found out they are a good firm to deal with

y13pmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320 04
hi just purchased pure highway the problem i have is it works fine in my van through the cig lighter but won't work from the cig lighter in my e320 w211 is the vaultage different ??? regards pete

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The lighter plug must be faulty, it should work OK does the lighter pop up when hot

OP
Wheel

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
Thought I'd add an update to this thread, as a couple of posts have appeared elsewhere recently asking about AutoDAB. Halfords have started advertising AutoDAB for Mercedes, however the Mercedes unit is still yet to hit the shelves, so you'll have trouble actually getting hold of one!

(If anyone wants to see how the Pure Highway 300Di installation went on my car, see here.)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks, I wondered if it was this one

exsaabpilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C220 CDI (06)
Alfie Keep me posted plse

ive a 2006 audio 20 and it sound like a better option than piping thro the FM system (not that i can hear upto 19Khz thesedays).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ive a 2006 audio 20 and it sound like a better option than piping thro the FM system (not that i can hear upto 19Khz thesedays).

The fact that you cannot hear 19khz does not matter, you hear the harmonics of those frequencies, if they were not their to start with it would sound very flat and dead

exsaabpilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C220 CDI (06)
The fact that you cannot hear 19khz does not matter, you hear the harmonics of those frequencies, if they were not their to start with it would sound very flat and dead

Hi Malcolm

I was joking about my age related hearing loss :D mispent yuuff etc :lol
But I can hear the differance between FM and DAB (although not tested that in a car, thats a debate for another day). hence my interested in the direct feed if poss.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Pleased about that then :D:D

OP
Wheel

Wheel

Reaction score
Website