Aux in charging problem. S211.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Have just discovered a problem with the Aux input of our S211.
I have an iPod connected to the system, NTG1.
It selects and plays from this whilst it has power, but no longer charges it from the lead. The lead is firmly in the grommet in the glove box but could have a duff core perhaps.
The iPod does charge on an external source.
Is there a fused supply in the back of the unit.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar fault before getting serious and removing the head unit, and replacing the lead having had a look for a blown fuse.
Have some extra spare time these days !!!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Original iPods would charge through fire wire or usb. Apple dropped support for fire wire charging so depending upon your iPod you might have an issue.
I’ve 2 iPods and one suffers with USB charging and the other is fine with it.

OP
Wearsafoxhat

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
It has been working for the past few years, the first clue I had was when it spoke, “ low battery” to me then promptly died. Once charged up it plays through the system but has no lightning, charging symbol and just runs down. Pants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom