[b]Tracker[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rirhill

Reaction score
Are they worth the money. Do the police use them to arrest crims. I just find it hard to believe that the police would just go out looking for my car.
Please could anyone tell me if they have any stories?

Regards
Ian

dave elcome

Reaction score
Yes it is worth it, we chase around like headless chickens when there's an activation, trying desperately to be the first to find the vehicle.

MarkSL

Reaction score
not worth it IMHO

After Dave has chased and (hopefull) caught the perpertrator - you will eventually get your car back !

You dont know what other damage has been done to the car whilst in the hands of the thieves. sure the insurance company will fix the column, sort out any damaged locks and paint and then valet the car so it looks prisitine again.
But what happens 1 month later when a mechanical failure occurs due to them thrashing the car to within an inch of its life? - into the stealers - insurance company phone up .........
Sir.... the gearbox failure just happened - it was obviously nothing to do with the thieves driving it through a field - and obviously the fault of the 1/2 very careful owners who have abused it for the last couple of years !!!

Get an agreed value on the vehicle for an extra fee. The extra costs involved work out about the same as a tracker and although difficult - you could probably replace your car if you looked hard enough, and actually had the necessary funds to purchase a decent replacement.

Mark

Mark

Lust4Life

Reaction score
IMHO = In My Honest Opinion.

BTW I previosuly had an Lancer Evo VI and it's almost impossible to insure one without a Tracker so it sort of forced my hand :)

You're pretty sure you'll get it back but would you want it back? (as has been said)

Phil

waggers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 63 AMG Cabriolet
Thanks Phil....

I've got one fitted. My decision was based upon whether I would find another, as there's not many C43's around,should it go walk about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom