B1 Service

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Our car has gone in for it's B1 Service today, never heard of that one before. I know one of our cars came up with C Service on it once, but never had one come up with a number on it.

Anyway we bought the car with 2yrs free servicing, so this is the last service we will have done at Watford MB. They have told Keith they will do a brake fluid change but weren't sure whether that was covered under the B1 service or not. If they don't know then who does :confused:

Apparently it will cost us £90 if they do that, which I don't think seems fair as surely a service should mean everything that needs doing, or maybe I'm just having a blonde moment :Oops:

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
£90 for a brake fluid change.....what a RIP, my local MB indie charges me aboout £35...maybe worth while refusing to pay and take it to your local indie to have it done...:D

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
£90 for a brake fluid change.....what a RIP, my local MB indie charges me aboout £35...maybe worth while refusing to pay and take it to your local indie to have it done...:D

Why didn't I think of that :Oops:

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Hopefully MB won't refuse to stamp the service book if you don't have the brake fluid changed with them. They have been known to do this in the past.

Apparently they have, what a PITA they are :p

wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c
Our car has gone in for it's B1 Service today, never heard of that one before. I know one of our cars came up with C Service on it once, but never had one come up with a number on it.

Anyway we bought the car with 2yrs free servicing, so this is the last service we will have done at Watford MB. They have told Keith they will do a brake fluid change but weren't sure whether that was covered under the B1 service or not. If they don't know then who does :confused:

Apparently it will cost us £90 if they do that, which I don't think seems fair as surely a service should mean everything that needs doing, or maybe I'm just having a blonde moment :Oops:

Hi lyn i think your dealer pulled a fast one!!:confused:,My dealer tried that with me too (trying to confuse you with mandatory items servicing some owners opt-out to do with cars older than 3 years old.
I do not know what is in your agreement but if it says two years servicing should be not charged you a penny!!:shock:

wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c
Hopefully MB won't refuse to stamp the service book if you don't have the brake fluid changed with them. They have been known to do this in the past.

There is no book to stamp nowadays lol all done by computers just a print-out you get to what has been done!:Oops:

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Hi lyn i think your dealer pulled a fast one!!:confused:,My dealer tried that with me too (trying to confuse you with mandatory items servicing some owners opt-out to do with cars older than 3 years old.
I do not know what is in your agreement but if it says two years servicing should be not charged you a penny!!:shock:

I think our car is only 2yrs old, so maybe it's different for one of that age :confused:

There is no book to stamp nowadays lol all done by computers just a print-out you get to what has been done!:Oops:

I still call it a Service Book even though you don't actually have one. It's a sign of old age I guess :lol:

wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c
Please contact the dealer service department and ask why they charged you £90 if that item was called in Mercedes-Benz maintenance schedule then it should be FREE as part of the service?!!.

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90

..well you can proably tell how often my MB frequents a dealer workshop.

I fill in my own service book and the only time it goes to a garage if for it's MOT ;)

vandt

Reaction score

If the car is 2 years old it will be due a brake fluid change, and will come up on the service sheet. All service items that are on the service sheet will be covered by the service contract that you have. Any service advisor worth his/her salt should know that!

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
If the car is 2 years old it will be due a brake fluid change, and will come up on the service sheet. All service items that are on the service sheet will be covered by the service contract that you have. Any service advisor worth his/her salt should know that!

Need to be careful here. If the OP has a service plan (e.g. £30 per month for an E class) that will usually cover services, plus brake fluid changes every two years (not part of the service -see below) and ATF change at around 37-40k miles (also not part of a service).

But if the deal done just said two free services that may not include brake fluid changes or ATF changes. Services are every 15,500 miles (or annually whichever comes first) Some owners need several services per year if they do high miles. Others don't. The brake fluid change is done every two years regardless of mileage etc, and therefore is not necessarily done as part of a service.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
I think our car is only 2yrs old, so maybe it's different for one of that age :confused:

No, my CLS had the B1 at 2 years, its a basic A service oil service with a change of..... iirc..... brake fluid.

It goes alternately A then B. So if her car is 2 years old and has not done over 15,500 per year it will be a B service and will also need brake fluid change at 2 years.

T

Terrycufc

When I got my B200 it came with 2 years free servicing (end of year 2 and 3).
Having seen these type of issues on here I asked the selling dealer what it covered, he said anything that comes up on the service sheet.
No problems with my dealer (MB Cambridge), the only charge was for the insurance and fuel for the loan car.

Terry

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom