Backorder blues

Will Barber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 CL500 (4.7L M278)
Well after spending a huge amount of cash on having the entire cam chain drive system replaced on my 4.7L W216, my car is SORN for the 2nd month at the dealers waiting for a £32 pipe that's gone on back order! I am after this pipe assembly, part No. A2782000851 which is bank 1 turbo coolant return pipe. There are none in the UK, USA or Germany and Mercedes have told me they don't know when this part will be made again.

I totally understand that COVID has caused a huge problem worldwide, but considering the car cost £128k new, is less than 10 years old and only has 79k miles with FMBSH, it's a pain in the ass to think that my car is now to remain SORN at the dealers because they can't supply a simple pipe assembly. I have now contacted MB UK direct and have lodged an official complaint as suggested by the dealer and MB UK themselves.

If anyone can please help me find a replacement I would be eternally grateful. I'll even accept a second hand part.

Thanks in advance, Will.

Attachments

• A2782000851 new.jpg
    A2782000851 new.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 19

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
If it’s not genuine Mercedes parts would they not fit it as they can’t warranty it. Can’t read German so is it like our euro car parts or the real deal.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Oh and a bummer for the situation your in

OP
Will Barber

Will Barber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 CL500 (4.7L M278)
Yep it shows as a genuine part but if they're like every other parts supplier, they won't have the part at all.... they just take your money then place the order with Mercedes.
There are so many outlets doing this now, it boils my blood!
Thanks for the heads up though guys, I've sent them a message to see if they physically have the part. I'm not holding my breath as the last 7 outlets have all been the same.... no part but we'll take yer money.

Mr Greedy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/2011/OM642 265bhp
It might be worth phoning round a few different groups of Mercedes dealers, and asking them if they have the pipe in stock in their group. And not just that dealership; ask if they can check their franchise group, as without the prompt, the person on the other end might not be bothered to do this and might only be checking the shelves of the store room on the site they work on.

Because they are all collections of franchises, the response 'we don't have the part in stock and it will have to be ordered from Mercedes in Germany' might not mean that another Mercedes dealership might not have the part sat on the shelf!

I had this with Vauxhall, and drove to another franchise 15 miles away who had the part I wanted (heated seat pad in that instance).

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
If it’s not genuine Mercedes parts would they not fit it as they can’t warranty it. Can’t read German so is it like our euro car parts or the real deal.
No, they’re the real deal, OEM spare stock.

Top Bottom