Battery draining

ady74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 E230 Vito
Hi i have a 2001 s320 and after 3 days of not using it the battery is always dead and i have get the battery pack out to jump it :mad:
Is there a easy way to find out whats draining it myself or am i going to have to take it some where?
Cheers

OP
ady74

ady74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 E230 Vito
ok great is it easy to use what do i do with it never used one?

davidsw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XKR ,Jaguar S-Type, Porsche Boxster S
you take out each fuse in turn , plug in the unit and it tells you if there is any current drain and how much.You could do this at the battery witjh a normal volt meter , but this unit will pin point where the problem is .Don't foget even with ignition off there is some small drain on the battery Clock ,Alarm etc.
How old is the battery ? The cold weather will catch out batteries that are on their way out .

Last edited:
OP
ady74

ady74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 E230 Vito
you take out each fuse in turn , plug in the unit and it tells you if there is any current drain and how much.You could do this at the battery witjh a normal volt meter , but this unit will pin point where the problem is .Don't foget even with ignition off there is some small drain on the battery Clock ,Alarm etc.
How old is the battery ? The cold weather will catch out batteries that are on their way out .

ok great sounds easy enough with this unit ill try one for 15quid. battery is new in january but this car as always had this problem since i bought it in january just that i dont use this car as much now so getting on my nerves keep going out every few days to start it.
PS what should the unit read for good and bad?
cheers

Last edited:

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
is it a mecedes battery, if not , you will always get problems.

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
with all the electric gizmos mercedes have, any low voltage or current seems to cause hassle

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90
I know, the battery is often neglected area of maintenance. Under voltage can cause all sorts of issues. However MB do not make batteries. I have a Unipart on mine which cost about £75 for a 100Ah one. It has been installed over 4 years and no issues.

Next time I will get a Bosh or Exide if ECP still have their deals on. The fact is the car has a drain which will be present whichever make of battery is fitted.

OP
ady74

ady74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 E230 Vito
Mine is a bosch cost £140 so not a cheap one, yes a lots of gismos on the s class i think its just something draining it i just need to find out what it is,thats the tricky part. im going to buy one of them volt meters that davidsw recomended.

Last edited:

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
Get the right Bosch Battery for your make of car and you should have no more problems, I had a similar problem and although the Battery was relatively new, I decided to buy a Bosch 100amp, correct cranking and in my case for an air condition vehicle and no more problems.
It is extremely important that you look at the new Battery spec and ensure that it is correct for your vehicle
Hope all goes well
Best regards
BAZZER1

H

harley03joe

ok great sounds easy enough with this unit ill try one for 15quid. battery is new in january but this car as always had this problem since i bought it in january just that i dont use this car as much now so getting on my nerves keep going out every few days to start it.
PS what should the unit read for good and bad?
cheers

Why Don't You Do Like I Do, Use A Battery Tender :)
Harley03joe

BatteryTender2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom