Best aftermarket suspension components..

jon.bleeze.3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz cls grand edition cdi
Hi there everyone.. hope you are all well.. Anyway.. I need to replace the front control arms on my C219 350 CLS.. Now, without having to sell a limb to buy genuine merc parts, what are the best aftermarket parts to purchase?.. I've heard Lemforder are pretty good?.. is this true?...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OP
J

jon.bleeze.3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Febi, Lemfoerder, Swag - had good experiences of all these.
Febi and Lemforder seem to be in the same price bracket, which makes the decision harder.. but i dont think my local euro car parts do the febi brand..

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I had febi - bilstein arms they were **** and had play inside 3k miles....
lemforder make the originals, but whilst ABC arms are out there, airmatic ones aren't

I bought a second hand arm off ebay and swapped the boot a dealer deliberately damaged and refitted the originals.... but then set the geometry up correctly on the right arm - unlike the car manufacturer bothers with

OP
J

jon.bleeze.3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for all your input, Lemforder was down as my No1 choice, and judging by what you have all said, Lemforder it shall be.. My local parts people dont do Febi, but I will check out my main dealer price, if they open up in time..

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Thanks for all your input, Lemforder was down as my No1 choice, and judging by what you have all said, Lemforder it shall be.. My local parts people dont do Febi, but I will check out my main dealer price, if they open up in time..

ring mb grangemouth (Scotland) mention the forum and they give great service and pricing.... get the right guy and well worth the call (£5 delivery too)

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
If it helps.
Fitted two new rear struts and springs to my ML270 about three years ago, bought from ECP as needed cheap due to not a lot in the bank. They have been fine, no issues what so ever.

OP
J

jon.bleeze.3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If it helps.
Fitted two new rear struts and springs to my ML270 about three years ago, bought from ECP as needed cheap due to not a lot in the bank. They have been fine, no issues what so ever.
What brand were they, if you can remember?..

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
I think, but not sure sach or something like that, they were the cheapest i could find, as at the time very short of money and needed to get it through MOT, as i said, i planned to change them for better ones when i could afford it, but three years later, no need, they have been fine.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom