Best Remote Starter

Rugo

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C250 Coupe
Hello All,

I just joined the forum. This is my first post. Perhaps this subject has been discussed before. I did a quick search, prior to posting the question. I wasn't able to find anything.

My wife has a 2014 C250 Coupe. I am interested in installing a remote starter in it. I plan to do it myself. Has anybody had any experience with this? Is there a remote starter that is better for my application than another? Thank you for your time, expertise and advice in advance. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks again,
Rugo

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome!
Can’t say I’ve ever heard of a retrofit remote start system to be honest sorry ...

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Start it with key but lock with key insert ?

TerrySL320

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320 AUTO
I fitted one to my R129 SL320 a few years back and it's been great, nice warm car to get into on cold winter mornings.. It has the additional benefit of having an alarm to the system.. The remote start/alarm system I used is called "Ultra Start 1350"

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Welcome!
Can’t say I’ve ever heard of a retrofit remote start system to be honest sorry ...
Very common in North America, most motor factors over there have them on the shelf.

You're BM will have a timer you can set to heat the car before you get in. Only annoying thing I found is that it had to be set each day. Not sure if they've improved it since mine.

Back to the OP not sure where you're located but you need to be careful of insurance and law starting the car and not being in it. Insurance might not cover and if it's on the road then the law doesn't like it. Then the ecomentalists have a view as well about cars idling and killing penguins or pandas or both...

TerrySL320

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320 AUTO
I fitted one to my R129 SL320 a few years back and it's been great, nice warm car to get into on cold winter mornings.. It has the additional benefit of having an alarm to the system.. The remote start/alarm system I used is called "Ultra Start 1350"

Oh I should also have mentioned that the remote start I have is secure when running on remote because unless the ignition key is in the car ignition the car will stall once the brake pedal is pushed down to take the car out of park..

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Very common in North America, most motor factors over there have them on the shelf.

You're BM will have a timer you can set to heat the car before you get in. Only annoying thing I found is that it had to be set each day. Not sure if they've improved it since mine.

Back to the OP not sure where you're located but you need to be careful of insurance and law starting the car and not being in it. Insurance might not cover and if it's on the road then the law doesn't like it. Then the ecomentalists have a view as well about cars idling and killing penguins or pandas or both...
Sorry Russ I meant after market, you’re right my 5 has it , as did the i8, well not so much remote start as pre climate which you can set multiple events on. Ditto the XC 90 and played around with the Leaf which arrived today also has it. You can certainly start all of them remotely .
The Leaf amused me this evening as I just discovered it has a foot parking brake, that took me back!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom