Bi-Xenon headlight sensor test

reggie3cl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 W208 CLK320 Avantgarde
Well I managed to get hold of a sensor, bracket and arm for the 'Dynamic Headlamp Range Control' to replace the missing parts on my W208 CLK320, but as often happens I was sent the wrong assembly from the breakers (I think it's a rear one off an S Class) :roll:

So I've done the sensible thing and ordered up the brackets and connecting rod new, but rather than sending back the whole assembly I may as well use the sensor if I can.

Before I take it to be fitted, is there any way I can test it? If it doesn't work it'll all have to go back. I've had a look for the connector, but I guess it's down in the bowels of the car somewhere...

Last edited:
OP
R

reggie3cl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 W208 CLK320 Avantgarde
Hmm, best have a poke around myself then...

I found a likely looking socket dangling near the front suspension strut, so I plugged the sensor in and BINGO! the lights moved. Quick play with the arm and the lights went up and down as they should. Sorted.

There is another plug next to the brake lines with nothing attached to it. Anyone know what it's for?

Last edited:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom