Big Blue Sparks!!!!!!

Merc

Reaction score
Me again

I was down at my garage there,and took all the metal caps off my suppressors (just to see if would be any change,with the sparking round the base of them at the plug),and there was none!,so thats cured that.
But I seen sparking through the HT's,like where they are near other HT's,and on the right hand side (what looks like a fuel filter),it was "sparking against that,so I would reckon I need new HT's,can I have a verdict please?.
Oh and one more thing!,I was in halfords tonight and got some #'s of their plugs,now I know Andy's saying (and some of you also) put Bosch in it,but the #'s I got are WR78/FR78, WR is for the (as they said) is for the 16v,and the other the 32v,I said mine was the 32v,but their listing for the 32v doesn't start till 91',mine's an 89'.
I mean is this WR stuff their equivilent of the W7DC that Andy was talking about?,I really am confused Halfords say one plug you guy's say another,can I have some "feed back" please.

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hi

You need to see the shrink. Hasn't anybody told you never listen to the Halford boys. Look on the front of slam panel over the left head lamp. There should be a sticker with all the relevant engine tune ajustments. There it tells you W7DC. Don't fit any thing else.

Sorry its your vehicle, and you are probably in the AA, which now owns Halfords so they win both ways. When you buy the plugs and when you break down. Then they will fit new plugs from their Halfords stores, Then you will break down etc. Theyve got a customer for life. Its a conspiracy. There taking over.

Sorry, I got to go, its getting to me

Regards

Andy @ www.mercedesservicing.com

OP
M

Merc

Reaction score
Hi

**Can you recomend a good shrink!!!!!! (he,he)**

Well,Iv'e got the message loud 'n' clear,and yes I suppose i do need to see a shrink listening to them,I dont usually as a rule.
but it was what he telling me he sounded quite convincing,(well I suppose thats all the bullshit training they get,to rip us off even more!)about the grade of plugs but point taken,I have a set of W7DC's ordered for tommorrow so I'll put them in.
Oh!,and no I'm not in the AA or the RAC for that matter (he,he),but then again Iv'e thought joining one of them,cause' if/when I break down in this I'm f****d,cause' no one I know know's anything about these,and all I get if I talk to anyone about it is "I dont know you'll have to take it to somebody that knows"I'm trying to put what knowledge I have of bikes into cars,cause' Iv'e been riding them for 20 years,but cars about 4,so I'm still "finding my feet" with them.
Aye! it gets to me too,these bastards at halfords,thinking they know it all and know f*** all,cheers for now,and get ready for next lot of **** in the next question!

Regards

dave elcome

Reaction score
If you need more proof, then look back to where one member complained,  that Halfords were charging more for a Bosch wiper blade than the merc dealers were!!

Let me know when finally see the light, and i will sell my Halfords shares!!

OP
M

Merc

Reaction score
Hi Dave

I read that guy's letter about wipers,it just shows that Halfords are & allways will be a f****n' rip off.
I mean, I know when I went in last night,the guy (as explained earlier) sounded quite competent,I mean never mind the fact that he had a face like a pizza & just out his Pampers,Halfords taught him to talk **** very well!,thats why I kinda believed him.
So I guess I'll have to very carefull in future should I need to go back in there for anything "aaaaarrrrhhhhh".
Well thats it me for just now,so I'll go and fit my new W7DC's,anyway thanks for the info/slagging,ah!isn't life just wonderfull,BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!.

Regards

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Damn i bought a replacement Bosch wiper from Halfords on Saturday!

£12.99 verses £17.99 from my local MB dealers. Not bad i thought.

However, from a couple of my mates experiences, if you have a small problem on your car, and want to make it 10 times worse, and be charged for the pleasure, then Halfords is the place to go.

dave elcome

Reaction score
Matt.

Did you not see the link a few weeks ago re wipers, i'm sure Andy was quoting around the £8 for replacment rubbers.

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Dave

yeah i remember that, but i thought for a couple more quid i could save the messing about and get the whole thing...i didnt think £12.99 for the complete Bosch wiper was too bad really.

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Fortunatly not.!!

I know what i was going to mention, this is another one of those "God is he really that thick" questions, but a lot of the time on here, the cars are referred to as W202 etc.

What does this mean? is is the Chassis number or something, as if it is, mine starts WDB...where me numbers i cry from the rooftops?

Andy

Reaction score
Website
Hi All

1. The replacment wiper rubber number from MB is A2088200045, this fits 201 (190),124 (square headlamped E class),202(C'class) and 208\CLK and SLK'S.203 New Cclass

Hope that makes it clear for every one (including Matt. Oh your chassis number starts WDB201)

New E class is a different number. (210)

If you need it E mail me @

Regards

Andy

dave elcome

Reaction score
Thanks for this Andy, i think i will print it off and put it somewhere safe for future reference, that probably means i'll be starting the same thread in 6 months time,  when i can't find the print off!!

simon

Reaction score
Matt its the MB reference for a particular model. My C class is W202, the later bug eyed version is W203.The 190 was W201 etc. etc.
I expect Andy goes to sleep counting them.
regards
Ernest
C250TD W202.

fuzzer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
This all seems a lot of money for a wiper rubber .. i bought one from the mercedes dealer back in december for £ 3.53 inc vat  ... Mercedes bag , hologram .. the real deal ... cut to size and bobs ur auntie ..

£12+ geezo ... there is no need ... it only taked 10 min to fit the rubber on ..

Andy

Reaction score
Website
Hi Fuzzer,

As far as I am aware the part you bought is no longer available. Part Number used to be 0008263624 at the price you have mentioned. Know its the 208 number I mentioned before. And yes the price has gone up. I tried buying up as many as I could. But I am told there all gone now.

Regards

Andy

Reaction score
Website
Not quite. They are slightly different and have a couple of extra metal pieces which I suppose they need for the later models but will also fit the earlier ones.

Don't forget some of the prices which were being charged for Bosch and other replacment blades. I am sure MB prices would be comparitable.

Regards

Anonymous

Reaction score
Just a few points.
Halfords is actually owned by BOOTS PLC.

My local MB dealer sold me a wiper rubber for £5 + vat.

Halfords did get the part no. for my glowplugs wrong along with another factors.  Partco were spot on but no stock.  MB dealer in stock and not much more.

kenn

Reaction score
Apparently my local MB dealer don't sell wiper rubber anymore. Need to buy the whole wiper. Is it true?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom