Bike carrier for my Viano

James Ireland

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Hybrid. Prev - 535D M Sport, Viano 2.2 CDI, Audi A5 3.0 TDI Qttro, Nissan 200sx, Nissan 300zx
Hi all. I am putting a hitch on my Mercedes Viano and I want to purchase a decent bike carrier for it.

I've been told by a local supplier that if I want a bike carrier which can tilt/slide out of the way of the tailgate opening, then the only carrier available is from Atera. I've looked at the these carriers and the reviews, and I feel that quality wise they are probably not up to the Thule standards.
Does anyone know if any of the Thule models might tilt far enough back to allow the Viano tailgate to open?
My insistance on having the ability to open the tailgate door without removing the bike carrier is that we have a dog whol travels in the rear and every so often we'll need to be letting her out for potty breaks.

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
Have you looked at these?

They normally go in vans but I’m sure they would cut in a trailer depending on number of bikes and they are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

James Ireland

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Hybrid. Prev - 535D M Sport, Viano 2.2 CDI, Audi A5 3.0 TDI Qttro, Nissan 200sx, Nissan 300zx
Have you looked at these?

They normally go in vans but I’m sure they would cut in a trailer depending on number of bikes and they are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but our dog goes in the back so I need an external bike carrier on the tow bar.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Top Bottom