Bl00dy Rain

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Last week after heavy rain (so what's new?) I had a very wet carpet in the drivers footwell.
Checked my drains. Even though I'd cleaned them in the summer one was slightly blocked. A few days later I got in the car and had a puddle in the footwell. After much fannying about I noticed drips coming from the bonnet release handle. Bit of googling later found that the grommet in the fire wall sometimes perishes with age. Had a look. It's a nightmare to get anywhere near it. I had to park wipers upright and remove the cover from the front sam to even see it properly (That's another story see my post in a few days time).
In the end I decided to seal the gap. I used a length of tube taped to the end of a cartridge of silicon sealant so It could reach and applied liberally. Seems to have done the trick. Only time will tell. It has of course rained a lot since, but no flat out downpours yet.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom