Blade key w210 E200K

Emerc01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E200K Elegance, 2003
I recently had to resort to using the blade key to open my car (mechanic had the remote key). When getting out of car all the doors opened and I had to lock them manually. I then found that I couldnt lock the boot - lock prob seized due to not being used. Mechanic told me that when I opened the drivers door that I should have been able to lock everything else with button on dash. This didnt work (works when drivers door is closed). Any ideas / comments.

I have heard that there may be some way of disabling / change locking settings / codes.

Ill have my remote back in the next few days and am really asking the question for future reference.

W210 E200 K - 2001

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You cannot change any codes so that one is out.

You will need to spray some WD40 in the boot lock and keep trying with the key.

Are you saying that none of the locking works, or it unlocks, but will not lock, this could be a fault or leak in the vacuum system, or on the pump.. if it all worked on the remote, then it is possible that there is a fault on the drivers door lock

OP
E

Emerc01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You cannot change any codes so that one is out.

You will need to spray some WD40 in the boot lock and keep trying with the key.

Are you saying that none of the locking works, or it unlocks, but will not lock, this could be a fault or leak in the vacuum system, or on the pump.. if it all worked on the remote, then it is possible that there is a fault on the drivers door lock

Malcolm

Thanks for your reply

The blade key works fine in drivers door. I have sprayd some wd40 into boot lock - may need more. Probably takes time to penetrate.

The dash button works fine when im in car with all doors closed - automatic locking works when i get up to 20Km per hour so vacuum system is working.

I was under the impression that I could lock all the doors / boot etc from the dash button when drivers door is opened - saving me the effort of locking them manually.

im basically pursuing this in the event of remote not working in the future.

Waiting patiently here for my indy to return my remote fob. He was good enough to leave my car outside his premises after working on it so that I could pick it up after hours.

Richard

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thats good Richard,,then only the boot lock to sort out,,it will turn eventually

OP
E

Emerc01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thats good Richard,,then only the boot lock to sort out,,it will turn eventually

Got my remote fob back and thankfully all working. Boot now locked. Will continue with WD 40 in boot lock to free it up in case of emergency lock out.

Thanks again Malcolm

Richard

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom