Blinkin indicator !

dev_dave

Reaction score
The ignition/exhaust system warning light on my clk230 flashed on last month just before I went on honeymoon, the car was then left standing for 4 weeks (great honeymoon)- last night strange things started happening.....the passanger side wing indicator starts flashing when the car is parked up (it does not work at all when the engine is engaged) and it has been going now for 24 hours! When deployed, the hazzard lights flash at around 3 times their normal rate and the interior lights flash at the same time..........Does anyone have any ideas???

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The ignition/exhaust system warning light on my clk230 flashed on last month just before I went on honeymoon, the car was then left standing for 4 weeks (great honeymoon)- last night strange things started happening.....the passanger side wing indicator starts flashing when the car is parked up (it does not work at all when the engine is engaged) and it has been going now for 24 hours! When deployed, the hazzard lights flash at around 3 times their normal rate and the interior lights flash at the same time..........Does anyone have any ideas???

Welcome to the forum, tell me please was the car left outside in the rain, and did the bettery go flat.

Malcolm

OP
D

dev_dave

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes the car was left outside and it would have definately rained. When I tried to restart the car it laboured when turning over but with a bit of gas just about started - the battery did not go flat but it probably did get a bit drained after being stood for so long.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Its the same answer for most of these things, always try a re set, dis connect battery for 10 mins,then re connect and hope that this cures it.

There are some problems where water can get into the electrics,but lets hope not at this stage.

Malcolm

OP
D

dev_dave

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your advise Malcolm! It will give this a try as soon as I get in from work.

I will disconnect the negative terminal at the battery end for 10 minutes and see if this cures it. My fingers are crossed.

OP
D

dev_dave

Reaction score
Well I gave it a go and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, reconnected and started but it is still the same. I have found that by turning off the courtesy light it stops the wing mirror flashing when parked up so that will stop the battery draining until I find a fix. Is there anything else I could try??? I have noticed that when the wing indicator is selected the hazzard light flashes. I read a couple of threads about the wing mirror lights and the ignition switch, or is it just a bad grounding??? All advice is much appreciated!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As your two faults are linked to two individual circuits I feel that ít is due to water somewhere

you have the fusebox and SAM in the front nearside box and the other box in the passenger footwell,, something is linking them as the mirrors work on one and the indicators on the other.

Malcolm

OP
D

dev_dave

Reaction score
I think you are right as whilst the warning lamp is still illuminated the indicators have stoped misbehaving. I will have a good look at the weekend and see if I can see if I can find where water might be collecting. Thanks for your advice.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom