Blower remains on without ignition CLK430 2001

frustratedclk430

Reaction score
Hello, my first ever post on the site. My blower cannot be switched off, even when the ignition is off and the key is removed - I therefore must remove the fuse after every drive to save the battery. Any ideas what could be wrong? a short? thoughts on costs to fix? any suggestions gratefully received.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have water in the fuse boxes. The SAM unit needs drying out and a modified lid to the fuse box fitted

Part number A208 545 00 03 05

Welcome to the forum

OP
F

frustratedclk430

Reaction score
Thanks for your response Television. This makes sense as I did experience some "flooding" due to leaves & debris clogging up the water "escape" (exuse lack of terminology), so water was dripping into the passenger footwell, past the blower. This was away from the main fusebox which is dry. I guess I need to get it to a garage. Thanks again.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry I read it as engine fan, dont know how I did that, but answer is almost the same the control unit on the fan would have gone short circuit with the water in the heater box, not too big a job to fix

type49

Reaction score
Could be resistor pack next to fan itself. Remove 3 screws above passenger footwell & remove panel. Fan & resistor pack is directly above this under another cover. 4 wires going to resistor. You should be able to see it easily.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Could be resistor pack next to fan itself. Remove 3 screws above passenger footwell & remove panel. Fan & resistor pack is directly above this under another cover. 4 wires going to resistor. You should be able to see it easily.

This is a semiconductor in that little 4 wire pack, no 2 connections should read short circuit and most should read around 5k Ω with the meter in one direction and infinity in the other

OP
F

frustratedclk430

Reaction score
Thanks guys, apprecate your thoughts, I'll venture out to take a look (when the rain stops!). phil

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
Hello, my first ever post on the site. My blower cannot be switched off, even when the ignition is off and the key is removed - I therefore must remove the fuse after every drive to save the battery. Any ideas what could be wrong? a short? thoughts on costs to fix? any suggestions gratefully received.

Hi,

water ingress due leaves/debris (and failure by MB to cary out a recall !!!:rolleyes:) leaked into my heater blower in the passenger footwell. This caused it to play up also till I took it out dried it and lubricated every moving part on it.

Its a simple DIY job to do , even for a non mechanical type like me, armed with a couple of spanners

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Id be going for the regulator pack. It caused mine to run flat out when the switch was on 1 and as it has a constant live, it could easly put the fan on all the time.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom