Bluetooth in 2005 C class

S

smurph1

I would like to add Bluetooth to my car, see sig. below, to use phone facility and play music, and to try and not use a third party wired system.
The car has the COMAND Audio 20 stereo system with telephone prewired, with a cradle that suits the 6000 series Nokia phones.

Can I install one of the “ViseeO Bluetooth Adaptor, MB-1000 or MB-2000(now MB-2)?”, and if so will one of these let me:
1. use car microphone & audio system for hands-free mobile phone use
2. wirelessly play music from mobile phone

If not, can you suggest any other methods for doing these?

PS. I have also come across a Bluetooth hub, “Connects2 BTAV01 - Bluetooth Interface for A2DP”, seen here: http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Connects2_BTAV01_Bluetooth_Adapter
Is it possible to be installed into rear of stereo?
Would this allow Bluetooth access for calls and music playing, AND use of pre-wired telephone mic, any ideas?

OP
S

smurph1

Rory - assume you haven't got it sorted!?!?
Send them an email with your requirements, as i did earlier this afternoon, and they informed me that the Viseeo does NOT stream music.

The MB options of cradles are inhibiting to purchase due to their expense, when you get a third party version installed for half, and it will stream music.........THIS IS SO ANNOYING.....as i want to use the existing functionality of the car, and not have to add on more gadgets!!!

Basically car manufacturers are behind the marketplace and always will be in this area, as they can't make a model that lasts for 4/5 years and foresee & cope with the new technology, thats if the car even has it when it first comes out.
Now with new phones with larger memories, the ipod/mp3 devives and the plugs that car manufacturers are putting in their cars are actually becoming redundant, as like me, we want to use a phone that is not plugged and uses no messy wires, i.e.bluetooth.

When a company resolves this and sets up a website to cope with all manufacturers and options, they be onto a winner!

The latter option I suggested looks good, but only if it works with current audio system, and uses the phone mic. (by the way where is the mic. as I am unsure where it is?).

Last edited by a moderator:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
On the phone front, yes if you have prewire then the viseeo should do the trick. I have one and it works well with a normal sony phone. Bit temperamental with my XDA smartphone but then I suspect thats the phone thats at fault.
It works pretty much the same as your existing setup - through the head unit, in car mic, dash display and wheel controls. It also has a voice dialing button - quite helpful as the name/number scrolling is a bit crap (you can't shortcut with the letter buttons).

BTW Audio 20 isn't command. Command is the £2000 satnav / DVD unit. Yours is the base radio/cd like mine.

Can't see what that gizmo does but it says you need RCA connectors on your stereo - and we don't - so no I doubt it would work. Your audio 20 may have an aux imput though (sometimes found in the glovebox or else installable there), and if it does, then it could be used to attach your phone's music output.

OP
S

smurph1

This is a real shame that the “ViseeO Bluetooth Adaptor MB-2” is unable to stream music, which in reality is only a programming issue within the device, I wonder if a new one is underway?

ellexir20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 Mercedes C300
I have been using viseeousa WMA3000A connected to my AMI port and paired it to my iPhone. I can stream music flawlessly and automatically switch between music and phone so I can have phone call in my car through the car microphone. No issues at all.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Things have moved on since 2009 when this thread was started!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you have, or can add and AUX port, then you can use a simple 3.5mm jack Bluetooth dongle. It'll do all both your desired functions - I had one in my car, up until last week when I replaced the Audio 20 with an aftermarket HU.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom