BMW X3 - TIMING CHAIN FAILURE

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
If given total choice I would have gone for XC 60.
But, wifey is a badge snob. Also, she suspected I would soon fill it with beehives and the occasional dead (and live) bee. So kept the Rav and bought a 204 instead.
Mpg seems to be the Volvo's Achilles heel.

crockers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc now sold - XC60 D5 arrived
Strange how different people and in different countries oercieve suffering brands.

My friend in France perceived Audi and Volvo to be above Mercedes and BMW.

I personally see Mercedes at the top of that tree and if the new GLK had been available I'd be very tempted. I see Volvo as a "unique" non status brand. I also see BMW and Audi as "white sock" cars

All IMHO of course.

The treatment I had from BMW was disgusting. After my test drive I arranged for the guy to bring the car to my home for my wife to drive. She waited in and no show. When she called she was told he was waiting to hear from me as to what I'd pay before bringing it out.

I wrote to dealer principlke voicing my disgust.

His reply.......NOTHING, not even an acknowledgement.

fozzymandeus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SL350
A decade ago one of the reasons to buy a BMW was the good dealer support. There were still a large number of different businesses trading under the BMW dealership umbrella. These days there have been quite a few mergers and I'm hearing more and more about poor service. A shame.

I think the Volvo is the best choice in this segment. Or perhaps a Ford S-Max.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Would this be the same 2 litre diesel fitted to the Rover75?

No that would be the M47R a derivative of the BMW M47 ENGINE which I think had a timing chain / belt at the front?
m47-2334942416078942840.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom