boot access button failed to close on sl400 2017

neilsonphoto

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl 400 2017 3 litre R231
I bought a 3 year old , sl400 ,with 12k miles back in march. all is great. In the summer i noticed a number of times that if the boot lid was not pushed hard back, the assist boot lid button wouldnt lift the folded roof to allow luggage to go into the boot if the top was down.

Today i had the top down, pressed the button and the folded roof lifted and the seperator went back to allow me to load . However, pressing the button again refused to lower the folded roof. I spent 20 minutes pushing and heaving on the raised boot to no avail. I drove back home boot up tarped the car as rain was forecast and started searching online.

I also called the AA so i could get towed into a garage on the assumption they wouldnt be able to fix it . When he arrived i pushed the boot again and pushed the button, and voila this time it closed fine.

looking at the scissor risers on the boot the LHS leg has a cam at the bottom that trips a limit switch, its really flaky looking, with a tiny operating range, this needs to be open to allow the separator to go back and the folded lid to tilt ( i assume) . i opened the boot fully a few times after the roof was up and fully closed and i can hear it activate but it clearly looks to be an issue. maybe its working but the wire is damaged. The separator switches seem to work fine as it wont move until this limit is made ( i assume)

Ive no doubt playing around with the tolerance on this , where if can leave it under cover if it doesnt work will sort this minor out. Any others have similar issues.

etype-jag

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 SL400 9G AMG Line
I had this problem today.
Spent an hour checking all that the forum suggest then....I replaced the 25A fuse, which looked fine, with a new one. That fixed the problem. Pressing the red button closed the folded roof in the boot space.
I had the same fuse issue in another fairly new car. A new fuse to replace a one that looked fine solved that problem too.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom