Boot lid lock

digcot65

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mewrcedes w2203 2000
I have only just started to use the forum as I bought an R170 only ten days ago and Im not sure if I am in the right section. My boot lid will not open ,the button has no resistance. I did fold the cover back last time I opened the boot ,but surely you can have the cover folded back and still operate the boot lid ,with the roof closed Len

OP
D

digcot65

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mewrcedes w2203 2000
I seem to remember some owners having trouble with their boot lid key My key only goes in half way in and I cant turn it ,so the boot opens At the moment,the boot lid is in the open position Will penetrating oil help Len

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If the key only goes part way in then the lock is gummed up. Penetrating oil and working the key back and forth should free it up.

OP
D

digcot65

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mewrcedes w2203 2000
Morning Ive removed the boot lock,but it really is seized up,the key will only go in half way,so no chance of it turning .Ive poured some penetrating oil in and wait to see if it frees up At least Im getting somewhere I can now carry on to getting the body work sorted ready to respray

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom