Boot liner

alexspurs61

Reaction score
Anyone recommend a boot liner for the 210 estate, '96? Just got my E class seven seater but the dog's been with me a while. There seem to be a whole heap to choose from......many thanks

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
There are plenty to choose from on e-bay. As you transport dogs the high sided version is what your looking for. Do a search on e class and you will find a variety and if your patient one or two merc ones. They are pricey from the dealer circa £130.

I thought about it myself but when transporting the dog I generally put the dog basket in the back and try not to let him get too dirty.

Good luck.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I generally put the dog basket in the back and try not to let him get too dirty.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

By him Malcolm, do you mean the car or the dog :?:

Malcolm

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm.
The car gets dirtier than the dog he's a bit of a pampered pooch. Doesn't like water so unless its raining tries not to get his feet wet. He's a dixgrace to the Labrador breed, lol.

OP
alexspurs61

alexspurs61

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice gents. Spotted something tailored for the 210 by roofbox for 40 quid which looks like it'll do the job. Ebay surprisingly unproductive - lots for 210 saloons but nowt for the estate.
On subject of dogs....never have I seen my Heinz 57 black and white hound look so bewildered, faced with so much space to rattle around in. Mind you, a good bit of concussion will keep him quiet....;-)

whammer007

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought a bootliner from Bootsuit, and it's pretty good. Admittedly it's a bit basic and isn't really "tailored" apart from being the correct dimensions, but does the job. When the sides are folded up in situ it's completly waterproof. I also bought the antislip matting to put between the dog's blanket and the liner, otherwise the dog tends to breakdance when cornering. All in it was about 70 quid.
Hope this helps,

Regards,

Col

OP
alexspurs61

alexspurs61

Reaction score
whammer007 said:
Hi all,

I recently bought a bootliner from Bootsuit, and it's pretty good. Admittedly it's a bit basic and isn't really "tailored" apart from being the correct dimensions, but does the job. When the sides are folded up in situ it's completly waterproof. I also bought the antislip matting to put between the dog's blanket and the liner, otherwise the dog tends to breakdance when cornering. All in it was about 70 quid.
Hope this helps,

Regards,

Col

Got one on the way from Roofbox - a 'Low Short' one, which is the shape, I'm after - for forty notes so I'll let you know how that works out.

Thanks everyone for help

OP
alexspurs61

alexspurs61

Reaction score
roofbox one is the business - absolutely spot on fit, to the extent that 40 quid seems very good value for something which must be made in pretty small volumes. Excellent

OP
alexspurs61

alexspurs61

Reaction score
Strange isn't it? I took some wretched cloth item (30 odd quid) back to Halfords and the chap made the mistake of asking me if there was anything wrong with it. "It's poorly designed and it's poor value" says I.

Yes, can thoroughly recommend the roofbox effort. The Hound has already barfed in the back (which was nice - must remember that the wagon isn't to be flung around like my last car) and mucking out wasn't a bother. ;-)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom