Breathalized last night

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the cops stuck their head in my window they would just smell the beautiful leather

NJones59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI Avantgarde
I've been pulled on numerous occasions, usually in the wee small hours and I have noticed that the cops always stick their head into the vehicle to have sniff around to detect alcohol or possibly drugs

Probably not a good job to hit the one-touch close switch then:shock:

wemorgan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 SLK 250CDI
If the cops stuck their head in my window they would just smell the beautiful leather

If you want to wear lederhosen at this time of year you're a braver man than I. The benefit of having heated seats I guess ;)

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
When a Young driver (a few months ago), I used to get 'bagged' all the time..even at 3:00pm once...that was an intoximeter though..

Always a waste of time though as I was very careful to not D&D.

fullmeister

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D estate
Pay attention......Fullmeister is in Poland.

Mic

correction Fullmeister WAS in Poland .... now undertaking full renovation of the Bismerc in sunny Northumberland :cool:

And having to slum it in a Hyundai Accent ! OH the indignity !!!!!:mad:

R

Ringway

I've never quite got the hang of people objecting to being stopped by the police. As already mentioned, if you've done nothing wrong, whats the problem? It can't be that traumatic, take the breathalizer test and then off you go.

I take the same view on CCTV. If you are a law abiding citizen, what's the problem? If there was more CCTV crime could only decrease.

The police have a thankless task, p!ssing in the wind on a daily basis, mountains of paperwork, hands tied, dealing with scumbags, witnessing horrific scenes.. I could never do their job because I'd be afraid of certain situations (although with training and time I'm sure one could adapt) and although I'm a reasonably tolerant, mild-mannered guy, I'd end up knocking people out if they had a pop at me.

I can only assume that the detractors google for private help when they've been burgled or have yobs outside their aged parents house lobbing stuff at the windows. Or maybe not?

The problem these days is the human rights malarkey that is the helper and guardian of a lot of criminals.

Unfortunately, the police get it wrong sometimes but they get it right more often than not.

Most criminals these days shave their nether regions to avoid being caught by the fuzz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colt45_GTO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 merc 190E 1.8 Auto, 1990 Mitsubishi GTO TwinTurbo AWD, 1997 Toyota Hiace PowerVan 2.4D
i do not drink nor does the wife so we are fine where this is concerned, i do however have a customer who is a traffic cop, as it turns out he is a great chap he doesn't much like his job but he says someone has to do it.

i know i feel quite immune to a blue invasion but i dont do anything to provoke them. its a job that has to be done and some poor bugger has to join up but atleast they have a job lol.

rovingHawk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230K, Mondeo Estate, Blackbird
I've never quite got the hang of people objecting to being stopped by the police. As already mentioned, if you've done nothing wrong, whats the problem? It can't be that traumatic, take the breathalizer test and then off you go.

I take the same view on CCTV. If you are a law abiding citizen, what's the problem? If there was more CCTV crime could only decrease.
Can we search your house JUST IN CASE you might have stolen property in there?

RH

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
as Ringway, I dont mind if they do pull me over for random testing, as long as they dont think its an opportunity to just find something to "nick" me on now they have me

EDIT, similar view to RH

Colt45_GTO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 merc 190E 1.8 Auto, 1990 Mitsubishi GTO TwinTurbo AWD, 1997 Toyota Hiace PowerVan 2.4D
if you live in a big city panda/beat bobby's can only stop you for spot checks, they can not issue fixed penalty tickets such as speeding tickets unless they have onboard camera, and a device for recording speed. most panda cars do not have calibrated speedo's. only traffic police can stop a car for speeding provided they can follow at a regulated distance over a mile distance or have speed traps fitted. they can only stop you if they suspect you may have been drinking ie observed you leaving a pub car park or your driving is erratic.

stevieb15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
98 r129 sl500,90 W126 500SE,03 CLK 320 Avant Convertible
After Hurricane Katrina, so much was lost that a year later there were still people in jail who had been sentenced to one week for J walking.

not in Staffordshire or West Sussex there weren't, nor any other part of the UK that I'm aware of.

R

Ringway

Can we search your house JUST IN CASE you might have stolen property in there?

RH

Of course!

But I'd never get to the stage where a search would be needed, because I'm not involved in any criminal activity.

Houses are searched after surveylance/infomation gives rise to there being a likelihood of drugs/stolen goods being on the premises.

I'm sure someone can quote an instance of the wrong house being searched which is most unfortunate, but if houses weren't searched, no arrests would be made.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Quite a few "morning after" stop checks going on as well at the moment. I know if I'd have driven yesterday I would have failed a breathalyser test after our Christmas party in Leeds on Saturday night.

rovingHawk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230K, Mondeo Estate, Blackbird
I'm not involved in any criminal activity.
But the only way to be sure is to be searched. If you've done nothing wrong then you've nothing to fear.
We'll be installing CCTV inside and outside your house too- just in case.

I'm sure someone can quote an instance of the wrong house being searched which is most unfortunate, but if houses weren't searched, no arrests would be made.
So a dawn swoop on your house will be fine on that basis?

RH

jonnyboy54321

Reaction score
I know someone done as a morning-after way back in the late nineties - very upsetting as the bloke who did him was his own customer.

All that said, as has been alluded to in this thread already, whilst I have some serious misgivings with the Police's handling of my company van speeding issue, in the case of the OP I fully support them. Car exiting pub after being there for enough time to have 2+ drinks? I know how I would feel if my son/daughters/wife were on the pavement and hit by an offending vehicle.

Yes, we all think "real crime" should be targetted. Drink driving, or potential drink-driving is a "potential real crime with a potentially devastating outcome".

Last edited:

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
All that said, as has been alluded to in this thread already, whilst I have some serious misgivings with the Police's handling of my company van speeding issue, in the case of the OP I fully support them. Car exiting pub after being there for enough time to have 2+ drinks? I know how I would feel if my son/daughters/wife were on the pavement and hit by an offending vehicle

Think of the money police forces could save on buying cars by just posting cop at each pub & breathalysing everyone who leaves after 30 minutes!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom