bubbles...

c9rcy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 2.7 cdi
:confused:hi all,any ides please. i have a 270cdi 52plate, recently had injecter problems, got them sorted today as ive not had time but now i have air bubbles flying through the system.... any help appreciated.thanks.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
does the car start ok? if you can see air in the clear plastic pipes, id start by working through them and replacing the o ring seals on the ends of the pipes. common problem on all diesel models. the o rings are not expensive. i changed the pipes on my e300 turbodiesel. the most expensive pipe, including the o ring for each end was about £7 if memory serves me, so its a cheap fix as a starting point

OP
C

c9rcy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 2.7 cdi
no not starting mate.i noticed air coming through pipe from fillter,all pipes b4 this are not clear,carnt see no leaks or or splits in any of pipes.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Try wrapping some PTFE tape aroung the "o" rings, good way of finding out where the air leak is!!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
no not starting mate.i noticed air coming through pipe from fillter,all pipes b4 this are not clear,carnt see no leaks or or splits in any of pipes.

the principle is the same though, just either wrap the joints with ptfe tape as suggested, or change the o rings. i personally think that the joints could have been designed better/used a better sealing arrangement that they fitted to these cars

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom