Built like a Panzer

JonW

Reaction score
Sitting minding my own business queuing to get off the M6 about 10 cars back from the roundabout, I was hit from behind by a now unrecognisable citroen who had been shunted into me by a passat behind. Both the other cars were totally destroyed but the back of my C class had a few scrapes on the bumper. OK perhaps it cost more to replace / respray the bitys on my car than the two right offs, but I was amazed how well the car stood up to this abuse. My neck and back, well that's a different matter.

Both the other drivers went away to hospital so you'll appreciate it was no low speed shunt.

Which brings me to another question. The passat driver was a young female; this is the third young female driver who has hit me in the past 18 months, each time I have been stationnary, although this was by far the worst. When I recently tried to insure my 18 year old son for his car, the cost was nearly 3 times what it was for my daughter 2 years ago when she was 18 "Sorry Sir but young men are a far higher risk than women" was the reply. My experience says otherwise.

Well look on the brightside, i now have the mobile numbers of three young females, if only my body was as good as the Merc......

Final thought, if you're thinking of a ram raiding career, the Merc in reverse must be best in class.

Last edited:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom