Buy a GLC?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Thanks everybody. I was due to try one this week but have picked up Covid!
All looks very positive but I will look out for the crabbing issue.
Good luck with the Covid- I’m just getting over my first dose. Could have been far worse but now finding bright morning sunshine make my eyes very sore.

You should have no crabbing problems this time of the year. Mine is only ever noticeable on cold mornings before the tyres have warmed up. There was an official fix where they changed some of the suspension components so you could enquire about any car you test drive.

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
I’ve got a 2018 350d prem plus (AMG line with a night pack, no badges saying tho @Blobcat ) it has 20” wheels which originally had summer tyres on and it didn’t suffer crabbing, I’ve since swapped the tyres to Vredestein all seasons which have been fantastic ! In terms of ownership I can honestly say it’s the best Mercedes I’ve owned and intend to keep it a couple more years, the 3ltr V6 is a brilliant engine and I’ve no complaints with it. The driving position is is good and gives a clear view of the road whilst driving.
recommendation’s of what to look for when buying (in my opinion)
360deg camera option
side steps (personal choice)
Parkin package (where the mirrors adjust down in reverse)
Check the tyre wear on the inner rims
Check if there is any crabbing on turning

don’t be put off with people been negative or old Mercedes’ purists get in one and try one and see if you like it

OP
D

davcoff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 elegance select 2001 petrol
I’ve got a 2018 350d prem plus (AMG line with a night pack, no badges saying tho @Blobcat ) it has 20” wheels which originally had summer tyres on and it didn’t suffer crabbing, I’ve since swapped the tyres to Vredestein all seasons which have been fantastic ! In terms of ownership I can honestly say it’s the best Mercedes I’ve owned and intend to keep it a couple more years, the 3ltr V6 is a brilliant engine and I’ve no complaints with it. The driving position is is good and gives a clear view of the road whilst driving.
recommendation’s of what to look for when buying (in my opinion)
360deg camera option
side steps (personal choice)
Parkin package (where the mirrors adjust down in reverse)
Check the tyre wear on the inner rims
Check if there is any crabbing on turning

don’t be put off with people been negative or old Mercedes’ purists get in one and try one and see if you like it
Thanks for that info

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
I've recently traded in my 350 e coupe for a 350 glc coupe . I'm picking it this morning actually. I'd like information regarding the diff oil changes and transfer box . I'm familiar with the rear , but what's on the front on the 4matic that's serviceable with oil changes . The cars on 30k so I'd like to change all 3 units oils if anyone's got any info or a how to.

Top Bottom