Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Last edited:

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
Ha ha! Thanks for all your replies. Finally people who understand my sick, warped sense of humor!
Well after 4 days of intensive surfing, my efforts have proved fruitless. The number one choice won't pay me what I need for my CLS to make the deal, and as for the others... I've sent out 3 emails to various dealerships across the land, and none of them have bothered to get back in touch. What am I doing wrong?
I guess they are on holiday, or their having a bumper sales months, and can't be arsed with me.
The search continues....
Thanks for all your input.
Sell yours privately. Dealers may look flash and read Facebook but never are that responsive on emails.
If a dealer has Twitter or Facebook use that.

Sent from my KB2000 using Tapatalk

OP
Jenny Tills

Jenny Tills

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLS 350 cdi W218 Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi PD
Try looking at 6 series BMWs I couldn’t believe the trade in value given on AT it went up by £1K I wonder why
I must admit, I do like the 435d GT. I don't know much about them, though.

OP
Jenny Tills

Jenny Tills

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sell yours privately. Dealers may look flash and read Facebook but never are that responsive on emails.
If a dealer has Twitter or Facebook use that.

Sent from my KB2000 using Tapatalk
Selling privately would be ideal, but it is such a ball ache, and it could take forever. It might be the way to go though.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Ha ha! Thanks for all your replies. Finally people who understand my sick, warped sense of humor!
Well after 4 days of intensive surfing, my efforts have proved fruitless. The number one choice won't pay me what I need for my CLS to make the deal, and as for the others... I've sent out 3 emails to various dealerships across the land, and none of them have bothered to get back in touch. What am I doing wrong?
I guess they are on holiday, or their having a bumper sales months, and can't be arsed with me.
The search continues....
Thanks for all your input.
Emails are a waste of time, they’re the last thing looked at when they’re busy.
Phone them up or better still go and see them

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Its all about the car, not the retailer I have seen some poor S Classes pre lockdown at MB agents when she who must be obeyed occasionally forced me to contemplate "a decent car" at them.

The best condition wise, but a foul drab colour scheme was at a pokey dealership by a fuel station.

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Yes, tyres...
The amount of these cars I've been looking at over the past few weeks with ninkynonky nang kang no name mix and match tyres fitted to them is worrying.
I always expected to see top branded tyres on them.
The S class I'm looking at has Dunlops on it.
Hi Jenny i use Avons on my S Class and i had two fitted by my local tyre garage for £240 all in , great tyre good handling and long lasting too, Dunlops are good too but check out Avons if you can, Avoid Pirelli P Zero's as i had them on my beast and they were awful, S Class is big n heavy and Avons are used on Bentley's and Rolls Royce if im correct? So on a S Class for me they are perfect

OP
Jenny Tills

Jenny Tills

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Is this any good? It has some nice toys on it.
Hi, yeah I've seen that one. I like the colour, but there are similar cars out there with half the mileage. I'm going to hold out for 'the one!'

OP
Jenny Tills

Jenny Tills

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Jenny i use Avons on my S Class and i had two fitted by my local tyre garage for £240 all in , great tyre good handling and long lasting too, Dunlops are good too but check out Avons if you can, Avoid Pirelli P Zero's as i had them on my beast and they were awful, S Class is big n heavy and Avons are used on Bentley's and Rolls Royce if im correct? So on a S Class for me they are perfect
Hi, thanks for that. That's some good advice there. I will definitely consider them in the future. I've bought a set of Kumho tyres for my cls, and I guess they are alright. A bit firm compared to the last set, but they seem fine.

OP
Jenny Tills

Jenny Tills

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If anyone is interested to know, I've listed it on fecal book for 12 grand. Doubt I'll get any interest though....

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Hi, yeah I've seen that one. I like the colour, but there are similar cars out there with half the mileage. I'm going to hold out for 'the one!'
That's a good plan!!
It's what I did with my shooting brake and I'm so glad I did!

Top Bottom