Buying a GL

GL man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL350cdi 3.0
Just bought a GL, it is my first Mercedes. I've always had BMW's before. I have been really surprised how good the dealers have been. I bought it from Mercedes-Benz Watford. I went to several dealers in the London area but found the level of customer service in MB Watford to be exceptional. let's hope the car is as good.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Just bought a GL, it is my first Mercedes. I've always had BMW's before. I have been really surprised how good the dealers have been. I bought it from Mercedes-Benz Watford. I went to several dealers in the London area but found the level of customer service in MB Watford to be exceptional. let's hope the car is as good.

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

The GL is a lot of truck - and they do go very well. I have had an R Class for nearly a year now and am impressed with its performance and economy (!) compared with other large 4 x 4s.

Young son has had Land Rover Freelanders for the last 8 years, but they have not been reliable and both servicing and repairs have been expensive.

The GL is expensive to buy, but will hopefully be cheap to keep (except for the Road Tax!).

OP
G

GL man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL350cdi 3.0
Thanks for the welcome! Thankfully it was already taxed, ex demo! I looked at the R Class but I need to move lots of little people and have a decent boot. I test drove on and it was quick which I was pleasantly surprised by!

I looked at a range rover and was very unimpressed in the car and the dealers.

I can't believe how well the GL handles given its size!

I don't normally use forums but thought I would give it a go as I'm excited about my new pride and joy.

OP
G

GL man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL350cdi 3.0
I meant to say I drove one ( a R class)

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
I don't normally use forums but thought I would give it a go as I'm excited about my new pride and joy.

Haha, nice one, that's what it is all about!

Welcome and stick around, we will help you spend loads on extras for your new toy!! :D

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Stick some pics up in owners' section!

OP
G

GL man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL350cdi 3.0
Thanks I'll give it a go, if I can work out how. I just forgot my username so posting photos could be interesting.

Is there an app for this?

Top Bottom